Ivan Toney banned for 8 months

Soldato
Its just a result of the insane money in the PL. You can **** money up the wall as long as you stay in the PL which is why clubs will spend so much on players they hope can do that.
But now they're all screwed - apart from Man City it seems.

Arsenal, Chelsea, United - all have hit their FFP limits despite having such significat turnover that they should have plenty of headroom yet they all seem to desperately need signings.

Soldato
But now they're all screwed - apart from Man City it seems.

Arsenal, Chelsea, United - all have hit their FFP limits despite having such significat turnover that they should have plenty of headroom yet they all seem to desperately need signings.

They've hit their limits because they've spent a lot of money on transfers and wages and haven't bought through talent from their academies to sell. They know the rules, they apply to everyone.

And personally IMO Man City will get hit hard, its just going to take a long time due the amount of charges and them fighting it all the way.

Associate
has to at least give Brentford to the end of the season to pay them back for his stupid suspension. I can see a big move for him the summer though to a Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd.

fez

fez

Caporegime
has to at least give Brentford to the end of the season to pay them back for his stupid suspension. I can see a big move for him the summer though to a Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd.

His silly transfer fee will cover the damage and you can bet that if he was a nobody they would have been looking to clear him out of the team. Football doesn't care about behaviour as long as they think the backlash will be acceptable vs the value of the player.

Caporegime
I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole, when he was interviewed on the Diary Of a CEO he came across and a complete **** who still couldn't take responsibility for his actions. But that won't stop anyone taking him because people want goals regardless of character. The Brentford fans saying he owes them, well that will be paid when he clears off and leaves you with 70m profit. Couple of years and they will be back in the championship.

Soldato
Couple of years and they will be back in the championship.
Why's that?

13th in our first season up, 9th last season and two points off Europe. I think Brighton finished 15th, 17th, 15th and 16th in their first four seasons up. There aren't many indications that we're on trouble or rest on our laurels. We're normally quite competitive and I think we've finished on the bottom half of the league table only 2 or 3 times in the last 13 or 14 years or so.

We've had a catastrophic injury crisis in virtually every position this season, plus no Toney and not being able to spend any transfer revenue from him either has ****** this season. But we've beaten each of the top six, have had some amazing runs against teams - three wins in a row at Stamford Bridge, five wins from five against West Ham, and rarely take a proper beating.

Soldato
The guy comes across like a right ****. He broke the rules knowingly, left Brentford up the creek without a paddle for 9 months. At no point did he put his hands up, admit his guilt, apologise and say he was going to pay Brentford and the fans back for the his mistakes. Quite the opposite in fact, he claims he's been victimised :rolleyes: I wouldn't want him near my club. And the Sky love in for him was sickening, its not a reformed character story in any way.

Back
Top Bottom