• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ivy Bridge Launch Schedule Leaked

Permabanned
Noobs

Have you missed last 5 pages of this topic ??

With test links and temperatures ???

Whats point of posting SAME REVIEW over and over as new discovery from March...

Associate
Did you see that they taken away the VT-d from the unlocked processors, that makes no sense at all. So if that is really the case then I will take a Sandybridge processor as I want to be able to use VMware.

Soldato
Did you see that they taken away the VT-d from the unlocked processors, that makes no sense at all. So if that is really the case then I will take a Sandybridge processor as I want to be able to use VMware.

Isn't that a chipset feature?

IB does have VT-x.

Soldato
Hopefully OcUK will do some in-house testing.

They already have but just haven't posted the numbers.

Gibbo said:
In our testing we've found on the best air coolers you can expect 4.50-4.80GHz stable and maybe 5.0GHz for benchmark but no stable, in general Sandybridge has the edge when overclocking on air and self contained H20 solutions. Though expect load temps in the region of 85-100c under extreme load circumstances.

On custom H20 solutions with dual/triple rads, powerful pumps and decent fans then OC is similar to Sandybridge, in the region of 4.70-5.00GHz stable and maybe a little over 5GHz, temps should remain sub 75c ideally with such solutions.

If however you have extreme cooling solution such as phase, the Ivybridge clocks better than Sandybridge in the 7-8Ghz range.

Link

Associate
the chipset only support it, but it's the CPU who needs to enable it. And Intel choose to disable these features. And they disabled other features too.

Soldato
I think people should also check what steppings are used in the reviews too.

The E0 engineering samples have a rated TDP of 77W and the E1 production samples are rated at 95W and die shots indicate this is down to the fact the IGP is now much larger in this stepping.

Back
Top Bottom