Jaaaaaag Owners

Anyone got the splash guards fitted to their XF? Did they actually make a difference?

From pics I've seen they don't look too bad when fitted and I wouldn't mind the benefits they offer.

I know we have a few XJ owners in here, was hoping to get some advice

I'm looking to upgrade to an XJ in a few months (possibly August when I've had the XF a year) and wondering if anyone had done similar and if it would feel like much of a change? I know it seems early to ask now but I wanted to start looking at them now so I'm pretty clued up when it comes to properly searching.

I'm looking at the 3.0 V6 unless I can find a stupidly good deal on a 5.0 but I doubt it :p

Are there any must have options? Is the LWB version practical for a daily driver? As in is it a nightmare with parking in most places? I'm paranoid about my cars at the best of times, but if it's sticking out a country mile in a busy multi-story then I'll never be able to relax :D

Yeah, that's good to know. Only reason I mentioned them is they don't really seem to cost any more than the SWB in the used market so was just an option, but as you say, I really don't need the space

Thanks for that :)

I had a pre-facelift XF without the reversing camera, and front sensors and it was a nightmare on that, one thing I made sure I had on the new XF so not surprised it's still a nightmare on the XJ

That's a lovely colour combo on yours too! A cream or light interior is a must on these as well imo, just suits the rest of the interior so well

[TW]Fox;29777494 said:
I'm not suggesting you buy one as I get you are a Jag guy but just to provide some context, a similar 7 Series (ie, the 4.4 Twin Turbo V8) is significantly cheaper - even newer ones cost less - as is a 2011 S500...

Oh yeah, I completely get that. If I wasn't so in love with the brand, I'd not be willing to pay the premium. It's kind of a goal to own a V8 XJ though as silly as that sounds. Just love them in and out, I always sit in one when I go to the dealership and just think, I absolutely must own this one day

That's a bit better then. I haven't tried that engine, only the 163PS and I own the 200PS.

The new one is definitely a lovely place to be, I was very skeptical of it when I first saw the pictures. Felt it was a downgrade but once I had driven a couple, it really is very nice indeed.

It does lack some of the theatre you get with the pre-facelift, less revolving vents, no pulsing start button etc but what it lacks in theatre it makes up in terms of practicality. The whole dash is just laid out so much better, the infotainment system is miles better and more responsive.

The R-Sport also has the nicer seats which in the new cars are fantastic and so comfy

Oh apologies, just checked. I totally forgot they don't do the 200PS engine in the new engine. I thought they'd carried that over

In that case ignore my comment regarding the 200PS engine :p

I have the pre-facelift :)

So while debating which new Jag, I may or may not have taken this home for a few days today...

kh1LtjO.png

Smile is ear to ear

Ignore the filter, for some reason Facebook applied it but then that may have been my trembling fingers in excitement

The exhaust note from the car is unrivalled imo, it's just incredible. It's just bonkers basically and the pops and bangs you get sometimes are just too addictive

It's not really much different to the XFR I had two years ago other than the updated Infotainment software. But tbh, that's the last thing I'm worried about right now :p

Going in to try and sort a deal on the XJ (http://used.jaguar.co.uk/search#/details/2692283) tomorrow, we had a quick play with figures when I dropped the car back and it all looked much better than I thought, especially with what my car is being valued at, but having that F-Type has given me the bug for a good petrol engine

I tried to convince the other half and myself that if I got her a good deal on an MPV as a family car then I could run something like an F-Type, as the S model is pretty affordable around 40-45k for a 14 plate one, but I think once the novelty wore off, I'd be annoyed at the lack of space and the fact it only had two seats. So that idea was quickly scrapped. I then looked at possibly buying the new XFS which has the same engine from the F-Type, 3.0L supercharged V6 with 380BHP, but ultimately, I bloody love the XJ it's an itch I have to scratch.

This XJ gives me all the fun of that engine, and more given it's a nice V8 with a lot more horses, but all the perks of it being a very practical car in terms of space. Plus I just fell in love with it when I sat in it, all the gadgets I could possibly ask for and sounds silly, but my son just looked so damn chuffed in the back with the factory fit TV's in the headrest that I just know it ticks every box I'm looking for in a car

Mileage is slightly higher than I'd like, which is silly given it's only 35k and I don't exactly do moon miles, probably 8-9k max but more like 6k average. It comes with a 2 year warranty as well which is good given it's 5 years old now and checking figures on an extension with another 18k miles on, it's only £890 for the year, which isn't a huge amount really for a car like that

I think you're looking at the 3 litre Diesel engines at those prices?!

The V8 is quite a rare engine hence the price, the price seems pretty consistent across the Jag dealerships that have them in stock. Oxford has a 13 plate with less miles at £43k, but then it has 3 litre diesels at 28-31k for similar age cars

Well I'll go in and say this then, and I'll go in with a few cheaper examples, but they're just going to point me to all their other stock at the same age/mileage which is around the same price.

I'll have a look at pistonheads tonight.

I know you speak a lot of sense :( as always

I do really want an XJ, as I posted in a previous reply, I've always wanted to own one. I just don't want another diesel car, I really don't. I don't do the miles to justify it, and the only reason I compromised with the XF was because at that age, they didn't do a petrol engine worth having other than a 5litre V8 which at the time i couldn't justify. It's a shame that Jags just either do diesels or mad petrol engines, until now with the new 3 litre supercharged XE/XF's.

I'd love an F-Type but as I said, I don't think it's practical with a 2 year old, even with another car in the family. Plus a V8 will set me back around 60k for a good one, which is a bit out of my price range.

Back
Top Bottom