Jaaaaaag Owners

From what I can see looking at the XK's though, they never got the updated infotainment system? I know that's a really petty reason to not own one but from someone who owned an XF with that software, it was truly awful and extremely limited. Lack of Bluetooth music streaming and horrendous sat nav were two of the biggest annoyances.

Unless I'm wrong?

I looked at a 13 plate XK the other day and it still had the old one unless they used an old photo

Yeah, sorry I realised that once I actually re-read your post, apologies

I'm certainly not going to pay £35k having looked around pistonheads, although 30-32k does seem about right, even looking on classifieds at trade cars

I wouldn't buy privately, just because I like the security of buying from a dealer with the warranty and service packs thrown in, and just the convenience, even if there is a premium.

I'll see how negotiations go tomorrow. I'm in a position where I don't need to buy it, and they know that so I'll walk away if it's not right

Went and had a play again on Saturday, and sat down with the salesman. Looking like I'll be putting a deposit down this weekend! :D

Just need some confirmation on figures this week which hopefully I get today or tomorrow, and if they match up to what we talked about Saturday, it's on! Just gutted I'll not have it for the meet on Saturday :(

The infotainment isn't as good as the XF in terms of layout, and if you get the dual view screens, it can look pretty shoddy due to the lower resolution.

It's strange as functionality wise, it contains everything you'd get on the XF (11-16) but the layout just looks a bit more basic. I couldn't pin point what it was but the menu layout looks a bit more bare, but navigating around it was fine in terms of features and the performance. But I was a bit disappointed coming from an XF just with how it looked, I expected it to be the same at the very least

Engine wise, the diesel is lovely. The cabin blocks out so much noise, that it makes the already smooth (for a diesel) engine sound even smoother. Performance wise, it's fine and because it's not a huge difference in weight to the XF (due to the aluminium body) it doesn't feel heavy. I actually prefer the 6 speed gear box on it compared to the 8 speed, especially around town, cruising down a motorway you don't really notice.

Get the supersport though....do it :p

Currently going through Jaguars customer relations centre regarding an ongoing issue I've had with my XF, 5 times it's been in with the dealer now for the same issue, and they've had the car probably just over 2 weeks combined across all visits and it's not been fixed and the problem is getting worse not better every time. Booked in for the 6th time but I'm probably not going to bother. Since owning it, just under a year, it's been in to Jaguar 11 times for warranty work

I thought my last XF was a bit of a lemon with all the electrical issues I had with it, but the issues with this car are mostly electrical. It's just put me off, so much so I pulled out of the XJ deal.

Depending on what happens with what the CRC say, I will most likely flog the XF. I've test driven a couple of 5 series and going back in this evening about their pre-reg 5 series stock

Well they sent their reply to the the initial 3 day investigation. The solution? They've just offered to book it in for a whole week next time instead, so basically what they did last time it was in then...

:D I give up! **** that car.

Quick question, if I was to go to another dealership as long as it was Jaguar, will they work on my car if it's under warranty? The closest one apart from Oxford to me is Reading, but it's not a Ridgeway dealership. I just want a fresh set of eyes on it, every mechanic at the current dealership has looked at and missed the issues so not sure what a 6th time in will do

They provide a great service in every aspect other than fixing cars. The customer service is top notch from the service desk in terms of getting me in as soon as possible for as long it needs (or at least the workshop think it needs :rolleyes:) and getting me in to a car. And a couple of times they've put me in an F-Type for the week.

Can't fault their customer service in that regards, but that's starting to not be enough now as the frustration grows

Yeah back when I had my two XF's, the extended warranty was terrible. It had so many exclusions that it was almost not worth the amount they were charging, I didn't bother for either and thankfully had no issues, although my second XF was horrible in terms of electronic issues during its first few months, so was a bit risky

Back
Top Bottom