Jaguar E pace unveild tonight

Caporegime
That's true sadly. When is the Uk going to get over its fetish for stupid crossovers.
Most idiots don't realise that they are no bigger than a normal car most of the time. The amount of people I hear in work saying they got a Gashquai or Sportage etc cos they needed a big car with a big boot etc is ridiculous! They don't realise they are not even as big as a Mondeo etc half the time.
Some girl I know bought some new ugly Hyundai I think crossover and Parked next to a mk2 Focus RS in work it was the same height and size :eek: and yet she thinks it's like a full on SUV

What else would you suggest? Another boring saloon or hatchbac... zzzzz

Liked the idea of a smaller F pace which looks nice, but is too big for what we would want it for, but as someone else said exterior wise it looks like a previous generation Hyundai, with the current generation having a much nicer exterior style. I'm sure the interior is going to be much nicer though.

Soldato
Interesting mix of comments.. It does actually look quite good in the flesh and the interior is not bad. That said, some of the plastics are made in Germany and the polypropylene material comes out of the same silo as makes similar parts for the German brands. Which if you look have quite a bit of hard plastic theses days on lower doors and pillar trims etc as well. Issue is JLR choice of grain is some what questionable in my view. The "quality" is as good, fit and finish is also good.
I don't care much for SUV either, but the customer wants them. So should Jaguar keep making saloons that don't sell? As people won't give up their A4 and 3 Series when they do stray from an SUV, while the Land Rover side goes from strength to strength on sales of SUV. Doesn't take much of a business brain does it to work that one out. I think it will sell well.

I can assure you it's far far nicer than a Juke ! ;)

Back
Top Bottom