January Transfer Window 2019/20

Soldato
His contract is due to expire so loaning with an option to buy much like Mari. He's cover for RB and not a bad player so think he'll be ok for us.

He's played for them 19 times so far this season.

Soldato
Really?

Bringing in players deemed not even good enough for Southampton?

just because hes out in loan doesnt mean hes not good enough for southampton

there are many reasons players go out on loan and besides not good enough for southampton but clearly good enough for inter milan to of signed him :rolleyes:

Soldato
just because hes out in loan doesnt mean hes not good enough for southampton

there are many reasons players go out on loan and besides not good enough for southampton but clearly good enough for inter milan to of signed him :rolleyes:

Well yes....they did on loan then he went to Arsenal as he wasnt good enough.

Soldato
Kamil Grosicki and Jarrod Bowen both leaving Hull which effectively marks the end of our season to be honest.

In a way I don't begrudge it as both were out of contract in the summer so we will have made a fair chunk off them in transfer fees and finally got Grosicki off our wage bill as he was still commanding PL wages(!). Nevertheless, they were our best players and between them account for half our goals this season.

Soldato
Is he not injured?? Pretty sure I heard he’s injured, getting flashbacks of Kallestrom (sp) from a few yrs back :p

He's out for a couple of weeks but then there's also the winter break happening so he won't be unavailable for many games. Also brought in as a cover for Bellerin, so as long as he stays fit...

Associate
Cedric is a sensible deal.

Solid PL player, no adaptation time, an option should Bellerin break down again. Low risk loan that either offers protection for 4 months or allows us to bring him in for free in the summer if he is willing to remain a squad player. Maitland-Niles won't make the grade in that position and we have upgraded at low cost.

Don
Kamil Grosicki and Jarrod Bowen both leaving Hull which effectively marks the end of our season to be honest.

In a way I don't begrudge it as both were out of contract in the summer so we will have made a fair chunk off them in transfer fees and finally got Grosicki off our wage bill as he was still commanding PL wages(!). Nevertheless, they were our best players and between them account for half our goals this season.

I didn’t know Bowen was out of contract in the summer, you did very well to 16m then! Apparently he was asking for 60k p/w from WH. Crikey

Man of Honour
We didn't want to pay £40-50m to Bournemouth for King, so we're going for Ighalo on loan. Not sure it'll get done and there are other issues surrounding China at the moment too.

He's an OK player and we do need more cover up front with Rashford out.

Soldato
We didn't want to pay £40-50m to Bournemouth for King, so we're going for Ighalo on loan. Not sure it'll get done and there are other issues surrounding China at the moment too.

I heard he's not in China at the moment he's in Dubai

Soldato

A loan makes more sense for United unless they can get someone now that they were planning on getting in the summer. I don't imagine King would have been a summer target, so to spend £40-50m on him would have been daft. Ighalo might be alright for six months, he showed some quality at Watford and he'd add some much needed depth. Greenwood is too young and inexperienced to be playing frequently, he needs another couple of years of development before he is at that stage.

Back
Top Bottom