January Transfer Window 21/22

Man of Honour
Leipzig's Amadou Haidara has been linked most notably with Utd - a lively box to box player. £33m release clause. One for the transfer thread when it's up. (Thanks Baz)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Trippier is OK, his set pieces alone should help.

If they're relegated it will set them back years, promotion is far from a guarantee, although the money will obviously help a lot.

They shouldn't be signing lots of players for the sake of it. They'd be better off throwing big money at 2-3 players who can make a serious difference.

Man of Honour
OP
Not a chance we sign Frankie Dejong, I’m that confident that we won’t, if we do I will get a picture taken in a Sunderland shirt and have it as my twitter bio for a year and will even allow a mod to change my forum name to woppy the mackem.
Even if we were in for him once it got out that he was taking to us one of the the top 6 would hijack it

Carlos and Botman will be good if you can get them.

Frenkie is very highly rated in general so I think there would be a long queue of clubs wanting him, I don’t think there’s a chance of that happening.

Man of Honour
OP
Wood has scored about 1 in 3 for Burnley, not that bad. I don't think it's a bad signing. Newcastle need reinforcements as well as quality, no reason they can't try and get both...

Man of Honour
OP
Quite a bit of chatter in Germany that we're after Denis Zakaria for around £5m. Seems incredibly cheap.

Solid central midfielder, no brainer at that price.

Man of Honour
OP
Fab isn't just any journo, he's the most in the know journo on the planet

He just parrots information, as soon as someone reliable reports something, he spins it as his own story (giving them credit now and again).

Clearly he's very good at what he does, but I don't think he's particularly well connected at all. He's just like those transfer news Twitter accounts, but with a face.

Man of Honour
OP
Lingard to Newcastle on loan looking quite likely now.

Good deal all round. He might help them and we don't want him.

Man of Honour
OP
Glad Martial is gone. Fantastic ability, zero application. Such a shame.

Lingard next please.

Shame we seem to have decided against signing a midfielder, might come to regret that if we miss out on 3rd/4th.

Man of Honour
OP
Didn’t Martial just have his best game in ages?

He played for about 10 minutes... and ran around a bit.

That does seem steep for six months. And likely MU would want most if not all of his wages paid by Newcastle too.

The hesitation is because he's out of contract in the summer, so this loan would spell the end of his Man Utd career. Not a bad thing in my view.

Given Lingard is a waste of space in the squad, if Newcastle will cover his wages, just let him go.

Back
Top Bottom