January Transfer Window

Don
Following on from the Gossip Column thread below and with countless rumours flying around already (if they ever stopped), it's about time we got the usual transfer rumours thread up and running.

I'll get the ball rolling with a few of our transfer rumours going around:

Carson looks set to make his move to Villa permenant, Villa will be paying another £8m on top of the £2m they paid for his loan fee which will make him Britains most expensive keeper. Would have rather he stayed but he needs to be playing reguarly and it isn't likely that he'll get in the side ahead of Reina any time soon and considering he only cost us around £700k its a great bit of business.

As well as Carson there are also rumours that Riise, Sissoko and Crouch could also be heading out the door (rumoured to be around £7m, £10m, £12m respectively). Similar to the Carson situation, in an ideal world I'd like them to stay but in the case of Riise and Sissoko we have several players ahead of them in the pecking order (Riise - Arbeloa and Aurelio, Sissoko - Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano and possible Lucas too) and the money raised could be used better elsewhere. As for Crouch, you could make arguements for him to be starting alongside Torres but like the others the money we could get from him could buy us a more than capable replacement, also his performances this season have been pretty poor on the whole.

As for players coming in, we desperately need another CB and winger and have recently been linked with Argentinian defender Ezequiel Garay for somewhere in the region of £10m and if the players i've mentioned above where to go then im sure we'd be after another striker and left-back.

Soldato
We might get a striker on the cheap again like last season. Who knows, Larsson might come back for a couple of months again :)

Apart from that I don't see many/any changes. A few players will most likely go out on loan (Evans, Eagles et al).

Soldato
Following on from the Gossip Column thread below and with countless rumours flying around already (if they ever stopped), it's about time we got the usual transfer rumours thread up and running.

I'll get the ball rolling with a few of our transfer rumours going around:

Carson looks set to make his move to Villa permenant, Villa will be paying another £8m on top of the £2m they paid for his loan fee which will make him Britains most expensive keeper. Would have rather he stayed but he needs to be playing reguarly and it isn't likely that he'll get in the side ahead of Reina any time soon and considering he only cost us around £700k its a great bit of business.

As well as Carson there are also rumours that Riise, Sissoko and Crouch could also be heading out the door (rumoured to be around £7m, £10m, £12m respectively). Similar to the Carson situation, in an ideal world I'd like them to stay but in the case of Riise and Sissoko we have several players ahead of them in the pecking order (Riise - Arbeloa and Aurelio, Sissoko - Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano and possible Lucas too) and the money raised could be used better elsewhere. As for Crouch, you could make arguements for him to be starting alongside Torres but like the others the money we could get from him could buy us a more than capable replacement, also his performances this season have been pretty poor on the whole.

As for players coming in, we desperately need another CB and winger and have recently been linked with Argentinian defender Ezequiel Garay for somewhere in the region of £10m and if the players i've mentioned above where to go then im sure we'd be after another striker and left-back.

man those are some crazy prices you've mentioned. i think and obviously this does largely reflect on liverpool, player purchases will be affected by progression in the CL.

for United I wouldn't be overly surprised to see us bring in a striker to compete with Saha. Loan out a few players, don't really think there's anyone else we need apart from players to bring into our youth set up etc.

Soldato
I think Utd might make a dip in January. Maybe a loan signing of a forward but I can't see us going big bucks again unless there is a big name going out. I think we have good cover in midfield and defence but the forward line look spainfully thin if one or two get injured and I think the ones in the youth/reserves are a good 12/18 moths away form being ready

Don
OP
man those are some crazy prices you've mentioned. i think and obviously this does largely reflect on liverpool, player purchases will be affected by progression in the CL.

for United I wouldn't be overly surprised to see us bring in a striker to compete with Saha. Loan out a few players, don't really think there's anyone else we need apart from players to bring into our youth set up etc.
Thats the way the market has gone, Bellamy fetched £7.5 rising to £9m and Bent at £17m :eek: Though these are just the prices that the papers have been mentioning.

As for our spending dependent on CL progression, to an extent that's true but from what has been said we're still going to have cash to spend regardless.

Man of Honour
Arsenal - Lehmann must leave. Erm, well, that's it really. I can't think of much happening in our transfer window, though I suppose a youngster or two might be loaned out, or we might get somebody from the far reaches of the globe in for a trial. But nothing major I expect.

Soldato
Well we have around 70 mil if the reports are to be believed, I'm guessing however much it is we wont spend any of it though :(. I'm happy defensively but would like a left mid for when Rosicky is injured which seems to be quite a lot and another striker. With RvP a bit of a sicknote too i'm not filled with confidence relying on Adebayor and Eduardo.

Soldato
Gilberto and Diaby look like they might be staying (until the summer anyway), but neither are particularly happy at getting barely any game time. Same for Diarra really.

Lehmann will probably go at this rate, which might see us sign some unknown to go as 2nd/3rd choice behind Almunia.

Rumours Rosicky might be going, but I can't see it. He's out a lot, but I don't think Wenger has lost any faith in him yet. Would be nice to see us go for a proper left-footed winger though. Clichy, RvP and Eduardo are our only left-footed players in the entire squad I believe.

Associate
think some big teams might hover over agbonlahor either this window or in the summer. arsenal were linked in the press today with a bid of 15mil and whilst it might seem a bit pricy and unrealistic there could be some merit to it. with prices of 8 million for an unproven championship player, given that he is english, young and proven, i think he is pretty hot property right now. his villa form has been impressive.

i think defoe might go somewhere also - his appearances have been even more rare than before. he is a frequent goalscorer but i have never seen him work well in a combination pairing.

other ones that come to mind - benjani with juventus; matt taylor with sunderland; pantelic with chelsea again.

kaka chances of moving somewhere have never been greater in my opinion and so expect chelsea and real to be on the case. chelsea are in search of a top creative force for their team according to their manager.

Soldato
Ive heard of a Arsenal loan swap, Gilberto for Adriano.
Personally i would think that would make more sence for both clubs than Adriano to City.

As usual, Milan have been linked with loads:
Akinfeev.
Breno.
Diego.
Kompany.
Barzagli.
Ronaldinho.
Lucarelli.

Ive also heard musings that Gourcuff could be on his way out, on loan that is.

Soldato
Only player i've heard of us to be linked with is Carson, looks like a fair chance that his loan deal will be made permanent. That would be a good signing for us imo, surprised we haven't been linked with 47,000 players thus far!

Back
Top Bottom