Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yes he is, it's not like Top Gear cures cancer or brokers world peace, it's a TV programme.

How would curing cancer increase the presenters worth? It's the most popular TV program the BBC has, it makes them massive profits and yet it's presenter isn't even one of their ten highest paid. That by very definition means he is underpaid not overpaid.

Associate
The one thing from the Coogan article that rings very true is that viewing figures don't give you impunity, they give you responsibility.

If I punched someone at work it would be the end of my job and have serious repercussions for my ongoing career despite the fact that I'm pretty awesome at what I do.

The fact it's Top Gear or that Clarkson can be funny is completely beside the point and shouldn't have any bearing on this.

Soldato
The one thing from the Coogan article that rings very true is that viewing figures don't give you impunity, they give you responsibility.

If I punched someone at work it would be the end of my job and have serious repercussions for my ongoing career despite the fact that I'm pretty awesome at what I do.

The fact it's Top Gear or that Clarkson can be funny is completely beside the point and shouldn't have any bearing on this.

agreed lets end this now.

he should get done for it.

You simply dont punch someone especially over the alleged reason behind it.

Soldato
Here's the intro for the show that BBC2 will screen in place of TG on Sunday:

"Welcome to Top Nonce, presented by Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall and myself, the ghost of Jimmy Savile. Tonight's star in a reasonably underage member of the audience is Gary Glitter."

Soldato

"Welcome to Top Nonce, presented by Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall and myself, the ghost of Jimmy Savile. Tonight's star in a reasonably underage member of the audience is Gary Glitter."

Classy that. Well done

Man of Honour
BBC has dropped a clinger imo, they own the rights, so I don't see any reason they couldn't show the reminder 3 episodes. They could either just recur so there's no studio, or just have Hammond and may do it. It would also give them some idea if viewer figures.

Last few days been going through the USA version, I prefer the for at as it's a challenge every episode. However so far haven't seen one totally rip a car to pieces like the uk version and they don't have the same vibe.

Soldato

Why do people hate on Garry Glitter ? At the end of the day he just loved kids.

*Disclaimer: Sliver does not endorse paedophilia*

Permabanned
I suspect al 3 of the TG presenters realise they could make much more money elsewhere. I reckon they wont renew their contracts and will take the show to whoever pays them the biggest cheque... albeit under a different name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom