Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Which is what makes me think is total crap. I don't get the impression that Clarkson is the type of person to launch a physical attack on someone due to a lack of food.

Like I said earlier, he always says he isn't a fighter, the only time he has lashed out at someone was Piers Morgan, and that was over Piers running an article about him having an alledged affair.

Wouldn't put bacon sarnies in the same league as printing a false news article about his personal life.

Permabanned
The BBC obviously forgot the rules:

The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club: Someone yells stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule: only two guys to a fight.

Soldato
Which is what makes me think is total crap. I don't get the impression that Clarkson is the type of person to launch a physical attack on someone due to a lack of food.

Imho the "production minion" may have got a bit cheeky back at jc when he no doubt complained in an overbearing boorish manner, while I can't condone a superior or employer hitting a person who has no power I also can't get my knickers in a twist because two men come briefly to a thrown punch.

To me it's a say sorry and buy the guy a car and get him a new position on another production, I love all the specials and a star in a reasonably priced car and would hate to see jc go.

Soldato
I don't buy that he attempted to punch someone over a lack of food. Clarkson is an idiot. But I don't believe he would try and punch someone just because someone didn't order some bacon sarnies. He doesn't come across as violent. Just a bit of a ****. Something else is going on.

Clarkson only punched Piers Morgan after he was basically goaded into doing so. By all accounts, he hits like a 7 year old girl despite being a big lump.

Soldato
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...remy-clarkson-suspended-eco-feminist-top-gear

If only Top Gear were to have reviewed the i8 and praised it recently......oh wait. :rolleyes:

Honestly.... I mean she has presumably been paid to write that drivel.

Haha thank you for posting that, I needed something to brighten up my Wednesday morning :D

Feminism angle is BS, any scientific journalism like she suggested would take a couple of episodes at most and to top it all off the BBC already have a show dedicated to science which has previously covered topics such as the energy crisis, future energy production and future of transport - it's called Horizon.

Soldato
I asked and Was just told by the missus who knows someone working on top gear that he was suspended because he hit a producer in the face in a row over the programs food budget

She said the bbc are investigating and will be releasing a statement later tonight

Soldato
OMG ! Jeremy Clarkson has just offended my delicate sensibilities, OMG my Weetabix don't taste the same anymore, OMG this is the apocalypse, OMG my wives tampons have stopped working, OMG a boy has been born who can swim faster than a shark, OMG someone with lots of money has voted Labour, OMG a wasp has just advanced quantum physics. Seriously, It's Clarkson being Clarkson, he's not the anti Christ he is funny, get over it.

Soldato
I suspect it is not about bacon sarnies. If it was the producers responsibility to go out for sarnies, he will not be a very senior producer. that's what can lads are for. There has been quite a few veiled comments on air about the production team and ithis was probably a culmination of events.
Most people can control extreme emotion 99.99% of the time and I expect JC is like most people. You think about clobbering someone but you never do. Then just once, you do it.
TG is a lads mag of motoring, although women also make up the audience. It is irreverent, ridiculous, often unfunny but sometimes hilarious. It picks up on gender, foreigners and minority stereotypes, it cheats in competitions, is generally rude and probably is not ideal for the BBC. But there is a huge audience for the format and the presenters, the BBC should get a thicker skin IMO or put it on BBC3 / BBC 4 and claim it as art.
If a criminal offence occurred it should be prosecuted.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OMG ! Jeremy Clarkson has just offended my delicate sensibilities, OMG my Weetabix don't taste the same anymore, OMG this is the apocalypse, OMG my wives tampons have stopped working, OMG a boy has been born who can swim faster than a shark, OMG someone with lots of money has voted Labour, OMG a wasp has just advanced quantum physics. Seriously, It's Clarkson being Clarkson, he's not the anti Christ he is funny, get over it.

What, get over him hitting someone... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom