Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I don't buy that he attempted to punch someone over a lack of food. Clarkson is an idiot. But I don't believe he would try and punch someone just because someone didn't order some bacon sarnies. He doesn't come across as violent. Just a bit of a ****. Something else is going on.

Associate
See I find this left wing thing funny... If he has punched someone in anger then he deserves to be disciplined, regardless of your status you need to face the consequences of your actions. Political leaning aside, yeah I am a Lefty :)

But I still want both sides of the story I do like JC and Top Gear.

Soldato
I'm not really interested in this until the rumours are substantiated, or not as the case may be.

What I did find interesting was a former Stig on BBC Breakfast effectively saying that if he did do it it's just a punch up between two guys and nothing to be moaning on about. I'm wondering if this is indicative of the culture of those working on the show, because it certainly flies in the face of a lot of employment best practice.

Soldato
Soldato
Mind you in the good 'ol US of A it is acceptable to thump your colleagues if the depiction of the police service and hospitals in TV programs is anything to go by. They are always at it and no one bats an eyelid.

Soldato
Oh dear. I hope someone hasn't paid her for that article. What a load of drivel.

Why does feminism have to come into it? Her explanation doesn't even make sense.

Do better than the most watched show on Earth? Go on then love.

It's clickbait, and not a very subtle one at that. Unfortunately, even the broadsheets do it now.

Soldato
It is amusing how people say lefties this and lefties that and assume some consipracy. My political views are a lot further left than the majority of the posters on these forums, to be fair Thatcher was further left than most here ;), but I like Top Gear and like JC. I don't dislike someone because their political views differ from mine, I'll dislike someone if I find them abhorrent. One thing I don't like is violence anywhere, certainly not at work.

He deserves to be treated fairly and once all the facts are known and we may never hear them fully.

Soldato
He deserves to be treated fairly and once all the facts are known and we may never hear them fully.

Of course we won't hear them fully. This is the BBC, who covered up paedophilia within the corporation, but allowed leaked footage (only intended for the editors and never broadcast) to be used against Clarkson. That footage was only relevant if it had been shown on TV. It wasn't, yet someone leaked it to get Clarkson in trouble.

Caporegime
I don't understand the hype.

Don't like Clarkson? Don't watch the show.
If he did ASSAULT someone, then yes, his employer should put in place the necessary practices that their contract state.

Done.

Soldato
I'm not really interested in this until the rumours are substantiated, or not as the case may be.

What I did find interesting was a former Stig on BBC Breakfast effectively saying that if he did do it it's just a punch up between two guys and nothing to be moaning on about. I'm wondering if this is indicative of the culture of those working on the show, because it certainly flies in the face of a lot of employment best practice.

The above and a grauniad article about the fracas seem to indicate it was a male who had a punch launched at them in a dispute over bacon sarnies that weren't where they were meant to be.

Soldato
The above and a grauniad article about the fracas seem to indicate it was a male who had a punch launched at them in a dispute over bacon sarnies that weren't where they were meant to be.

Which is what makes me think is total crap. I don't get the impression that Clarkson is the type of person to launch a physical attack on someone due to a lack of food.

Soldato
Him getting sacked would be the next step in getting rid of overpaid presenters at the Beeb

How is he overpaid? how is anyone overpaid? you are worth what someone is willing to pay for you at the end of the day...

Clarkson hosts the most watch show on the planet. Think he can command whatever salary he wants tbf.

Man of Honour
From the petition's founder:

“Top Gear is the BBC’s greatest export and Jeremy Clarkson is central to the show’s success. He’s a living legend and the overwhelming success of the petition shows how popular he is with the British people. A bunch of left-wing pinkos at the BBC have been out to get him for ages, we want to see him re-instated and the BBC’s bed wetters defeated.”​

Looks like he's got the right audience signing...

Pft. You cancel Top Gear and I'll cancel you with an AK-47.

The BBC are a bunch of stuck up PC toffs. Jeremy is the true voice of the UK

Stop this political correct inquisition.

**** the producer who gives a **** about him!!! You can get another producer there's only one Clarkson

I think that whoever suspended Clarkson should be suspended. Give the PC gestapo a dose of their own medicine for once.

Hundreds of well thought out responses in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom