Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yes, very average. It's only one of the biggest TV shows in the world. It makes a huge amount of money for BBC Worldwide, and if it does end, then it's another nail in the coffin of the BBC, which is on its last legs anyway.

Does make it good because it sells all over the world of course not.

Soldato
A lawyer for Mr Tymon said his client "intends to await the outcome of the BBC investigation and will make no comment until that investigation is complete".

That says a lot to me. I've been involved in quite a few disciplinarians including fighting, from the management side, and not once has an alleged victim lawyered up. Where there's blame there's a claim.

Caporegime
always thought he was arrogant, so I am not upset. unfortunately, he is popular and that is all that matters for TV :rolleyes:. if the BBC don't back down, I am sure some other network will sign him up.

I always thought he was a big oaf and never saw the appeal.

He's on of those types where you genuinely wonder how they got famous

Soldato
Nothing to do with double standards. What the BBC has done with Clarkson is right, what they did with Saville was wrong. The way things are done now in all walks of life have changed dramatically over the past decades. What was considered the right way to do things then is not now.

I'm not even talking about the last decade. I'm talking about the whole BBC cover up when the whole Saville issue broke. But it is all off-topic.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I bet all the big broadcasters would fall over themselves for the 3 of them doing a show though I hope they wouldn't go to an American channel.

they certainly would..and the BBC would have to come up with something different as it wouldnt be the same...so would it be as popular if it was changed?

the BBC's problem is the amount of money the show makes for them, they just cant afford to cut off a revenue stream like that, the gamble will be with a new team would it sell, or would a clarkson fronted show from another station be more popular to overseas viewers?

it could be an expensive mistake, will the bbc take the risk?

my gut says no

Associate
what is all this ridiculousness comparing clarkson to a paedophile ? Bit strong isnt it? i mean come on !
i think if i was him trying to make entertaining shows whilst being hit with the politically correct stick all the time id feel like slapping someones nose too.

Man of Honour
That says a lot to me. I've been involved in quite a few disciplinarians including fighting, from the management side, and not once has an alleged victim lawyered up. Where there's blame there's a claim.

Not sure he has lawyered up - someone like that will often have a lawyer on retainer and some journalist possibly unable to get a comment from the person himself maybe tried to get a soundbite from the lawyer.

Soldato
He is in the motor journalism industry. Motor racing is entertainment anyway.

He's an TV personality, therefore an entertainer.
There is no point of being a pedantic about it.

His industry isn't full of laddish behaviour like hitting each other then going for a pint after to cool off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom