Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
The ad isn't linked at all but made me laugh.

OmRPVH0.png

Soldato
Top Gear is past its sell by date now, probably time they all moved on to something else.

It's about the only thing bar Saturday Kitchen and Horizon I watch / record regularly from the BBC.

A load of weekend shows are reality driven stuff, it's terrible.

To replace a decent entertainment show with some informative points of current car / technology is rare without it resorting to buttering up to sponsors (Gadget Show / 5th Gear)

Soldato
Yea, BBC are really struggling with easily the most popular TV show that goes out simultaneously in about 70 countries with over 350 million viewers.

Permabanned
I hope the next time I'm openly racist, xenophobic or punch a work mate in the face over a bit of dinner hundreds of thousands of people sign a petition calling for my reinstatement and excuse my abhorrent behaviour because I'm fat and unfunny with a **** TV show.

Associate
Viewing figures for season 21 were 6.5 million, the highest since 2009 when it was topping 7 million. It wasn't showing a pattern of general decline.

And the average for this season is back down to 5.6 million with the most recent episode being the third least watched since 2006.

If even a very successful season still isn't getting as many viewers as it was getting in 2009, I am not sure how that is supposed to prove that it has not passed it's peak popularity-wise.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I hope the next time I'm openly racist, xenophobic or punch a work mate in the face over a bit of dinner hundreds of thousands of people sign a petition calling for my reinstatement and excuse my abhorrent behaviour because I'm fat and unfunny with a **** TV show.

You really are but hurt aren't you.
Pretty much everyone is saying there was no punch, blown out of proportion and wasn't serious.

Soldato

The thing is though he has never been openly racist, not sure if your refering to the time the media accused him of using the N word when in fact not only had he not done so but gone to lengths not to do so. Or the bridge comment which is totally excusable as it wasn't known as an offensive term in this country at the time (hence it's usage in childrens shows).

Soldato
If anything this shoes how the BBC cant handle themselves, anywhere else before blowing it up like this, would have handled it behind closed doors.

Associate
If anything this shoes how the BBC cant handle themselves, anywhere else before blowing it up like this, would have handled it behind closed doors.

How could they suspend a person with the profile of Jeremy Clarkson without it blowing up? Show a repeat on Sunday evening and hope that nobody notices?

Last edited:
Soldato
I can see all three of them moving to Sky.

Contracts are up, tons of free publicity and Sky have a coup.

Clarkson, Hammond and May should all resign, move to Sky and start a new show called First Gear.

Moving to Sky would be career suicide for them. The most watched Sky One Show ever only got just over a million viewers. Top Gear on BBC gets over 6 million every week.

Furthermore Sky One has no presence in the States unlike the BBC America which promotes their DVDs to Americans.

People keep suggesting that the Beeb 'need' Top Gear/Clarkson and they do, but believe me Top Gear needs the BBC just as much.

Top Gear, Doctor Who, Sherlock. Just three shows that are massive in the US . Now name me a single British Sky One show that is……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom