Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Any update if Top Gear will continue to show this weekend? Or has it certainly been canned now?

That annoys me quite a bit (its been canned) - might mean a bit of extra work but no reason why they couldn't fill in with a guest presenter or 2 for the rest of the series (it could even work out well) - no sense making "everyone" suffer just because of JC.

Soldato
Clarkson, Hammond and May should all resign, move to Sky and start a new show called First Gear.

That could be what will happen. Although, what happens to Top Gear on the BBC? I know people say that the presenters aren't everything, but I can't imagine Top Gear without Clarkson, Hammond and May. They do kind of make the show. Middle-age men with a true passion for cars. I can't see some younger presenters being capable of bringing the same passion. Chris Evans would be about the only person in the BBC right now who could pull it off.

Permabanned
He's an TV personality, therefore an entertainer.
There is no point of being a pedantic about it.

His industry isn't full of laddish behaviour like hitting each other then going for a pint after to cool off.

He a journalist, a motoring journalist, also a writer, presenter, Columnist. And yeah...his profession is full of laddish behaviour...often much worse than a falling out over sandwiches.

Soldato
That annoys me quite a bit (its been canned) - might mean a bit of extra work but no reason why they couldn't fill in with a guest presenter or 2 for the rest of the series (it could even work out well) - no sense making "everyone" suffer just because of JC.

He'd still be in the pre-recorded features/challenges. If they went ahead without him they might as well not suspend him at all.

Caporegime

I get the feeling some in the BBC have been looking for a way to can TopGear, i think there are some in the BBC manadgement who don't like him or it.
Not their idea of what the BBC should be, probably the same people who gave us garbage like Strictly and Masterchef.

Caporegime
Dave @Join_Dave · 20m 20 minutes ago

Top Gear halted indefinitely.
Meanwhile, in the Dave office...

B_03debW8AA6uJo.png:large

Soldato
I know people say that the presenters aren't everything, but I can't imagine Top Gear without Clarkson, Hammond and May.

Then watch an episode from series one on Youtube :p (May joined in season two, replacing Dawe).

I can't see some younger presenters being capable of bringing the same passion. Chris Evans would be about the only person in the BBC right now who could pull it off.

IMO Steve Coogan would have a shot, the segment he co presented with Clarkson years ago was really good.

Associate
I get the feeling some in the BBC have been looking for a way to can TopGear, i think there are some in the BBC manadgement who don't like him or it.
Not their idea of what the BBC should be, probably the same people who gave us garbage like Strictly and Masterchef.

The BBC have had many chances to can Top Gear or get rid of Clarkson that don't involve scrapping episodes that they have already paid to film. If anything they have made allowances that they might not have made for a less popular show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom