Jeremy Clarkson suspended from BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Apologies if you've seen it already, but have a search on youtube for "James May 5 news" for James's take on the incident :p

I would post a link but there is one small sweary (A k word that also means a gentleman sausage)

Man of Honour
The feeling I'm getting from news reports now is he is going to be back.

Surprised they cancelled the remaining shows now having seen how much its going to cost them if they have to pay out on not delivering on contract... ouch... as in serious ouch.

Associate
Surprised they cancelled the remaining shows now having seen how much its going to cost them if they have to pay out on not delivering on contract... ouch... as in serious ouch.

Plus we don't get to see them now either, which is the main thing :mad:

Although I wouldn't be surprised if they backed down and decided to show the remaining ones. Guess we still have to learn the facts of what happened, but given that Clarksom, May and Hammond seem to be joking about the whole thing I doubt that it's too serious.

Soldato
There is a wonderful video of James may being questioned about this at his home. and admitting he doesn't know what happened because he was blind drunk. I would link this but there is language in it that i am not sure is acceptable for a family forum.

Soldato
Seen elsewhere people making the connection between this story and Rona Fairhead (current chairwoman of the BBC Trust and former HSBC NED) getting a grilling at the public accounts committee over her role at HSBC. I don't like Clarkson at all but he's guaranteed to attract headlines and shift attention away from that...

Soldato
Actually he's a motoring journalist....that is what he does predominantly and has done from the beginning. It's not disputable, that is what he is...that is what he says he is, his cv says he is, he isn't an actor or a magician or a comedian...he is a journalist and writer who also presents a factual motoring show.

And, yeah...heavy drinking, brawling and being a diva and offensive is pretty much par for the course.

Including Adrian Chiles..who made his fair share of 'dodgy' comments etc...did he not have to apologise for offensive remarks he made about polish people?

Fair enough on the motoring journalist, however there is a vast difference between motor racing journalist and a motoring journalist. In the motoring journalist sector it's not all boozing and fighting.

At the end of the day the idea of him punching someone wouldn't come out of nowhere, there has to be some smoke with the fire.
If he has punched someone he should be under the same legal course as any other employee of the BBC

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Personally I find it a bit odd and not totally appropriate for the Prime Minister to be wading into the furore with his opinion

He hasn't though, really. Read what he says and it's very non committal either way.

He's a huge talent - no one can deny that. Money and viewing figures show this.
He doesn't know what's happened, like the rest of us.
He hope it's sorted out and top gear can recommence.

He hasn't jumped in going he shouldn't face an investigation or anything.

Soldato
He hasn't though, really. Read what he says and it's very non committal either way.

He's a huge talent - no one can deny that. Money and viewing figures show this.
He doesn't know what's happened, like the rest of us.
He hope it's sorted out and top gear can recommence.

He hasn't jumped in going he shouldn't face an investigation or anything.

Sure, but dropping the 'he's a personal friend' line in doesn't seem to be showing impartiality imo and really, what's an employee dispute got to do with him, hasn't he got anything more important to worry about ;)

Man of Honour
Sure, but dropping the 'he's a personal friend' line in does seem to be showing impartiality imo and really, what's an employee dispute got to do with him, hasn't he got anything more important to worry about ;)

Probably as the media asked him. He is a friend so what.
If he cane out and said the investigation is stupid or similar fair enough. But helps replied to a question in a very non committal way. I very much doubt he went and found the media to say that.

Soldato
Got to love the media:

'Clarkson backed by David Cameron'
'May thinks Clarkson is a k**b'

People however will read these headlines and not even look at what was actually said.

Society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom