Jessica Jones Season 2 & 3

Soldato
Worst 'Defenders' TV show ever :(
And that's coming from someone who made it though Iron Fist

4 episodes in and I do not give a flying **** about anything or anyone.
In fact I completely forget I'm watching it sometimes and then later I see a reminder (like a web article or a forum post) and I think "Ohh yeah, I started Jessica Jones last week didn't I?"

Jesus ****ing Christ !!
That is all.... :p

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Worst 'Defenders' TV show ever :(
And that's coming from someone who made it though Iron Fist

4 episodes in and I do not give a flying **** about anything or anyone.
In fact I completely forget I'm watching it sometimes and then later I see a reminder (like a web article or a forum post) and I think "Ohh yeah, I started Jessica Jones last week didn't I?"

Jesus ****ing Christ !!
That is all.... :p

The fact that people are talking about other marvel TV shows instead of JJ kind of sums season 2 to me :p

I don't think JJ has any redeeming qualities as a character. Punisher, Iron fist, Daredevil and Luke Cage are at least trying to help people in their own ways. I guess the idea is because of what she has been through she is meant to be relatable and sympathetic character but JJ just comes across as extremely self centred, treats people like crap with no intention of helping people and this just makes the character unlikable.

Add onto that the lack of a decent villain this year really didn't help it.

Caporegime
I think we finished episode 7 last night.

I sit there watching it, fairly engrossed but nothing much is really happening. I mean episode 6 was a big revelation, but we'd never heard a lot about
Her mother
in the previous series anyway. I think Season 1 needed to show us more how devastating the loss of her family had been on her to make it hit home more.

Soldato
S1 was really all about Kilgrave. S2 just didn't have a decent villain to elevate it and, as others have said, I find JJ plain unlikeable. If you think about her character and actions (without the "OMG, she's a superhero!") then she's just a toxic, nasty b***h.

I'll still watch S3 no doubt but only because it's included with my Netflix subscription, not because it's must-see TV.

Soldato
I didn't mind s2 but found Trish to be atrocious, she was good in season 1 but this time she just did one dumbass thing after another that I felt didn't fit with her character.

1 was clearly a lot better but thats not hard with David Tennant's performance as Killgrave.

Caporegime
S1 was really all about Kilgrave. S2 just didn't have a decent villain to elevate it and, as others have said, I find JJ plain unlikeable. If you think about her character and actions (without the "OMG, she's a superhero!") then she's just a toxic, nasty b***h.

I'll still watch S3 no doubt but only because it's included with my Netflix subscription, not because it's must-see TV.

To be fair, this almost course-corrected her character.

At the end of the series she is less of a toxic, nasty bitch. Hence ending with her sitting down for a family dinner with love interest & son.

Soldato
Sounds like S2 isn't worth a watch for someone (me) who didn't much like S1

I quite liked JJ as a character, but found all the supporting characters (and the antagonist) to be utterly terrible. Except the bits with Luke Cage in - those bits were mostly ok.

Soldato
How bad is JJ2 ?

I'll tell ya. I made it through the ENTIRE season 1 of Black Lightning and I still only watched 4 episodes of JJ2 before deleting the entire season.
THAT'S how bad it was :D

Soldato
All of these that I’ve watched (JJ, LC, IF) seem like a worse version of Heroes. Watchable for a superhuman fix but not very captivating.

Back
Top Bottom