Jessops in administration

Soldato
Adapt or die,

All these stores have to provide better customer service, more competitive pricing, knowledgeable staff and basically stop ripping people off

Oh and stop trying to ram over priced insurance down my throat for anything im vaguely interested in, i don't get that online, I don't want it on the high street

Most of these stores, Sony, dixons group etc have been taking mega profits and markup for the past 20 years+, its hard to find sympathy now......paybacks a bitch

This
I totally agree they have been taking consumers for a ride for years. Now it's the consumers turn.

Associate
From what I have been told jessops is a odd case. The were in trouble in 2010 and basically there creditor took them over (HSBC) shops were shut and they continued to trade. HSBC made back there loss, but was told the long term outlook was bleak, so waited for the dec trade to finish and just pulled the plug (to stop any future loss)

Soldato
Could they still not operate on-line as Jessops and specialize in cameras? If they put some working into a well laid out website and niche items they could still survive maybe?

Note: I don't know anything about cameras so don't know if this would work.

Soldato
Could they still not operate on-line as Jessops and specialize in cameras? If they put some working into a well laid out website and niche items they could still survive maybe?

Note: I don't know anything about cameras so don't know if this would work.

Possibly, but it still requires somebody to come forward to buy the debt of whatever is left of the company. Somebody likely would want the brand name, the distribution centre, staff and supplier links.

Back
Top Bottom