Jessops to go into administration ?

Cameras have moved to the phone over the last 5-10 years, so I'm all for it if Jessops can get people interested in sensor sizes (bridge / SLRs) and full control of cameras again not just the ISO. It's all very well seeing images of 3264x2448 (8MP), but it gets a bit tiring seeing Flickr users uploading washed out images from their iPhone or generic smart phone. Oh and don't get me started on people who leaves portrait photos un-rotated.

Soldato
Always liked Peter out of the lot of them

And for that reason............

I say good luck to him :), might be nice to find a niche in the business that Jessops didn't offer (apart from the online presence), apply it to the business and watch it go BOOM, crossing fingers it may make it, its hard to tell, especially with camera phones these days.

He's got to compete with some very big rainforest type people and more

Last edited:
Soldato
Always liked Peter out of the lot of them

And for that reason............

I say good luck to him :), might be nice to find a niche in the business that Jessops didn't offer (apart from the online presence), apply it to the business and watch it go BOOM, crossing fingers it may make it, its hard to tell, especially with camera phones these days.

He's got to compete with some very big rainforest type people and more

This is my view on him really, seemed to come across very well IMO, definitely good luck to him and if it can help us/the high street whilst he makes a bit of money then so be it.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
well the sites up and its actually not that bad for prices (i know) seem's he;s going after amazons customers and when you factor in postage and having to wait, nipping down to the shop is a better deal by far now.

surprised he's got them down that low, but without a load of retail space to pay rent on it can only be a good thing.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
i only had a quick glance at a 50mm 1.8g and the nikon bodies, not surprised the other stuff is higher as thats always been the case for most normal retailers. sell a big thing and make money on the add on's.

and i wasnt factoring in the hk based sites as they will be cheaper.

Associate
i just looked at some mem cards ,canon lenses and billingham bags on there and amazon
i think amazon prices are the one they need to match

Associate
He should have saved it earlier in my opinion.
Doesn't work like that usually. If you buy a business you have to keep all the employees on the same terms then pay them redundancy if you don't need them etc.

If it's just bad management then this is feasible but if there a lot more wrong with a failing business it's far cheaper to let it go down and take over the assets, employ the people you need and relaunch, especially if you're completely revamping the business model like he's doing.

Back
Top Bottom