Jimmy Savile - Sexual Predator

What an utterly stupid thing to say.

Grow up mate.

Actually he is perfectly correct. I've seen no end of people on these forums, which are by no means as extreme as some sites, saying that if women get drunk and then go off with a man, then they have effectively consented to sex. The view that "they were asking for it" is still prevalent in the country at large. Oddly, it's more common amongst women, which is why the Prosecution prefers male juries, the Defence prefers female. It's why the Defence still goes after a victims background, even though technically they aren't allowed to.

Actually he is perfectly correct. I've seen no end of people on these forums, which are by no means as extreme as some sites, saying that if women get drunk and then go off with a man, then they have effectively consented to sex. The view that "they were asking for it" is still prevalent in the country at large. Oddly, it's more common amongst women, which is why the Prosecution prefers male juries, the Defence prefers female. It's why the Defence still goes after a victims background, even though technically they aren't allowed to.

The problem with that mentality is that it's not wholly wrong, it's just how it's expressed. I don't believe a woman was "asking for it" or some how deserves it when such a thing happens, however, I do believe women in that situation should be more concious over the fact that some people will treat them like that if they dress a certain way, or act a certain way (like walking off by herself).

That by no way means she deserves it, but more people need to be more aware that there are people like that out looking for people in their situation.

Oh this is going to be good. What exactly are the "two types of rape"?

Oh come on, really?

There is rape, and then there is statutory rape, one is lacking consent, and the other the consent isn't deemed valid or applicable. In fact, you could say there's a third if you count deception as one.

Just had a read at this thread and pretty shocked with how people are reacting to this. When something like this happens to a child it can take years or sometimes they never get the courage to talk about it. Similar thing happened in my local community where a guy in his 70’s was recently jailed for doing a similar thing back in the 70’s with a number of different girls.

It took until three years ago to come out as the now women involved where ashamed of how they would be viewed by the public at the time if they spoke out about it. You should not be questioning why they are now coming out and admitting what happened but instead should be showing some respect for the courage it has taken to talk about it.

You and I do not understand what these victims and that’s what they are have went through all this time and it can take the courage of one person to make the others let it all out.

however, I do believe women in that situation should be more concious over the fact that some people will treat them like that if they dress a certain way, or act a certain way (like walking off by herself).

Give me your source for this? Because it goes against all the evidence on the planet that has been done when looking into rape.

At the moment you are just being a rape apologist, like a lot of people in this thread are. Do some reading, check your privilege, and stop making excuses for rape.

I wonder how many of the people in this thread telling me I'm wrong and need to research rape have degrees or work in any way with womens issues or rape?

Give me your source for this? Because it goes against all the evidence on the planet that has been done when looking into rape.

What on you on about? You don't think it's right to suggest some people should be more aware of the reality of things? That if they go wandering off by themselves, drunk, that some one might try to take advantage of them? You're actually asking me for a source on that too? Because it never happens, right?

At the moment you are just being a rape apologist, like a lot of people in this thread are. Do some reading, check your privilege, and stop making excuses for rape.

This establishes that you're not actually reading what people are saying. You are seeing a hint of disagreement on something you've said and constantly copy and pasting that pathetic line, because not once have I made excuses for rape, you odd man child.

I wonder how many of the people in this thread telling me I'm wrong and need to research rape have degrees or work in any way with womens issues or rape?

It seems like your issue is being told you're wrong.

What on you on about? You don't think it's right to suggest some people should be more aware of the reality of things? That if they go wandering off by themselves, drunk, that some one might try to take advantage of them? You're actually asking me for a source on that too? Because it never happens, right?

This establishes that you're not actually reading what people are saying. You are seeing a hint of disagreement on something you've said and constantly copy and pasting that pathetic line, because not once have I made excuses for rape, you odd man child.

It seems like your issue is being told you're wrong.

Raped.

Oh come on, really?

There is rape, and then there is statutory rape, one is lacking consent, and the other the consent isn't deemed valid or applicable. In fact, you could say there's a third if you count deception as one.

There is no such thing as statutory rape in the UK. There is such a thing where sex with a minor automatically becomes rape which is when the child is under 13. Now if you don't want to consider sex with a 12 year old as automatically being rape then fine, but I certainly wouldn't consider you the next time I need a babysitter...

Struggling with what you mean by "deception" counting as a third type of rape.

attacking a dead man who can't defend himself, real classy stuff happening here :rolleyes:
That's one very narrow view you have there.

Of course it is far from ideal that he is no longer around to defend himself, but going by the tone of your comment you seem to be using that as justification for these investigations and discussions to not even happen at all.

Which leads me to the question, is it not just the balance of the evidence that you don't yet agree with? Or would you stand by that comment if the evidence included video footage of the offences taking place?

Last edited:
There is no such thing as statutory rape in the UK. There is such a thing where sex with a minor automatically becomes rape which is when the child is under 13. Now if you don't want to consider sex with a 12 year old as automatically being rape then fine, but I certainly wouldn't consider you the next time I need a babysitter...

Struggling with what you mean by "deception" counting as a third type of rape.

I don't think anybody would disagree with you there, I certainly wouldn't but I didn't think we were talking about 'children' under the age of 13.

And also,

http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/Law/Question1005262.html

All I was getting at with my posts was it's not as black and white as hurfdurf was making out, claiming that anyone having sex with a minor under the age of 16 was classed as rape, that is incorrect, when dealing with sex between an adult and a minor between the ages of 13-16 it is a large grey area depending on very specific circumstances and all these are taken into consideration on a case by case basis,

Read through this,

http://stretlaw.co.uk/2012/04/27/ne...pe-of-children-by-felicitygerry-via-stretlaw/

Quite often 'consensual' sex with a minor between the ages of 13-16 isn't classed as rape, a rape charge in this age range (and older of course) is usually a much more serious charge and requires it's own specific set of circumstances also.

So I'm not being a rape apologist, I just want the facts, it's all too easy to get emotional and angry over these types of topics and that's understandable but some of the accusations being thrown around in here at other members is just plain wrong and doesn't help to further the discussion in a sensible manner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom