Jimmy Savile - Sexual Predator

i understand that it was a different time but it wasn't that long ago. looking back at just how backwards this country was, merely a few of decades ago is really worrying.
Indeed, just have to look at that thing about the Radio 1 controller in the 70s worried if it was going to hit the press, not that he was actually doing it in the first place!

Yeah, was just about to post about Janet Street Porter on Newsnight, she's obviously known about this for years and appears to have quite a dislike for Sir Jim. She's really opened that can of worms now!

might have been more useful if her and others had been more vocal about it previously rather than cashing in on the free publicity from interviews etc.. as a result of this recent documentary

Well I can understand how hurfdurf feels but have any of these 'rape victims' claimed to of been forced into having sex with Jimmy?, I'm not trying to defend him I just want the 'facts' here, now the cat is out the bag and I imagine every journo out there is trying to gather as much evidence as possible to get hits or sell newspapers what do we have that is conclusive atm other than a dirty old man of the 70s? because lets be fair, we all knew he had an eye for the girls, the question is this a case of 'technical rape' or was he grooming girls and forcing them to have sex with him?

And Janet street porter, the women with one of the biggest outspoken gobs going choosing to only speak up now?

Last edited:
Well I can understand how hurfdurf feels but have any of these 'rape victims' claimed to of been forced into having sex with Jimmy?, I'm not trying to defend him I just want the 'facts' here, now the cat is out the bag and I imagine every journo out there is trying to gather as much evidence as possible to get hits or sell newspapers what do we have that is conclusive atm other than a dirty old man of the 70s? because lets be fair, we all knew he had an eye for the girls, the question is this a case of 'technical rape' or was he grooming girls and forcing them to have sex with him?

And Janet street porter, the women with one of the biggest outspoken gobs going choosing to only speak up now?

If you listened to the audio he was forceful, I somehow image that he would be a little more so in private. I think with all his charity work it gave him free access to victims.

As for the rest, blackmail, paid silence, accomplices; pick your poison.

Last edited:
If you listened to the audio he was forceful, I somehow image that he would be a little more so in private. I think with all his charity work it gave him free access to victims.

But we don't know the context of that clip, bbc said it could have even been part of a broadcast, we just have a giggling girl saying get off my backside and Jimmy replying "eh....I beg your pardon, in front of your mommy and daddy"

Minus the 'backside' part of the clip that sounds like normal Jimmy even on TV, I remember Jimmy well and he was always joking with kids like that, do you not remember how he was?

I'm not saying it's right but it doesn't sound out of the ordinary for his character.

Janet Street Porter is an idiot and a coward, she always has been, it is no surprise that when the chips that mattered were on the table she didn't have the stones to say anything, yet talks a big game.

Nice rape apologism there lowrider007, as if there are two kinds of rape :rolleyes:

Rape is rape, it doesn't matter if its at knife point with a stranger or coerced by an adult on young girls who can't really say no or are pressured not to by a family member who is raping them because they cannot consent despite being groomed into thinking they want it.

It absolutely sickens me that we live in a rape culture out there where some rape is seen as more acceptable than others.

You've taken what I said completely out of context. From the documentary and what I have read, I don't have much doubt as to him being a paedophile. I very much wish someone had come forward while he was alive leading to him being put away. It's me being annoyed and frustrated that nobody did come forward so he could get what he deserved for these sickening acts.

You are victim blaming and victim shaming, it is sickening. These poor women were raped or molested and they should be being praised for coming forward at all after what they have been through and will undoubtedly feel now they have to talk about it and admit to both themselves and others what happened to them instead of asking them "oh why didn't you come forward sooner?!"

But we don't know the context of that clip, bbc said it could have even been part of a broadcast, we just have a giggling girl saying get off my backside and Jimmy replying "eh....I beg your pardon, in front of your mommy and daddy"

Minus the 'backside' part of the clip that sounds like normal Jimmy even on TV, I remember Jimmy well and he was always joking with kids like that, do you not remember how he was?

I'm not saying it's right but it doesn't sound out of the ordinary for his character.
At one point it sounds like he's been struck, when he goes "oofff" he then calms himself. Somehow I think if there were parents in the room and their child were saying such things they would have grabbed him.

Nice rape apologism there lowrider007, as if there are two kinds of rape :rolleyes:

Really?, your accusing me of rape apolgism?, then my dad is a pedo and rapist because he had sex with my mum while she was 15 and got her pregnant?

Should I call him now and ask him to pop down to the local police station and turn himself in, seriously?

Really?, your accusing me of rape apolgism?, then my dad is a pedo and rapist because he had sex with my mum while she was 15 and got her pregnant?

Should I call him now and ask him to pop down to the local police station and turn himself in, seriously?

Your dad had sex with a literal child, unless he was a child himself, that is rape.

You are victim blaming and victim shaming, it is sickening. These poor women were raped or molested and they should be being praised for coming forward at all after what they have been through and will undoubtedly feel now they have to talk about it and admit to both themselves and others what happened to them instead of asking them "oh why didn't you come forward sooner?!"

I really give up on you. In no way am I victim shaming or blaming and again, even after explaining it to you, you still maintain your warped interpretation. If that's what you read into what I typed, it's your problem not mine and I'm not going to further respond to your juvenile vitriol.

I really give up on you. In no way am I victim shaming or blaming and again, even after explaining it to you, you still maintain your warped interpretation. If that's what you read into what I typed, it's your problem not mine and I'm not going to further respond to your juvenile vitriol.

You, a privileged man, claimed you could not get your head round why rape victims didn't come forward sooner. What you are essentially doing is belittling the trauma of rape, its not helpful and its puts the onus on victims to be stronger.

Then should he turn himself into the local police station or not?

Seriously, your not being rational on this topic for some reason.

Why would he do that? Do I think he should do that? If I as an adult started having urged towards children yes I probably would myself. It is completely up to the rape victim how she wants to behave after a rape, I would try to not say how one should feel or behave.

Consider how different a person you were between the ages of 15 and 18. Consider why an 18 year old would want to hang out with a 15 year old other than to have sex with them?

I am sorry if you are now seeing your dad is a new light if he was 18+

Anyone remember this - I'll only post a portion as it contains swearies and I'm not editing all of it.... apparently an out take form Jimmy appearing on have I got news for you in 1999... posted on the internet a while back

Out-take 4: 21'20
Following a discussion about caravans:
DEAYTON: Last month, Roger Moore sold his luxury caravan in Malta. Asked by the...
MERTON: I visited your caravan the other week, Jimmy.
SAVILLE: Did you really?
MERTON: Oh yes. Interesting what you can find, if you have a bit of a poke.
(Audience laugh)
HISLOP: He just told you, it was twelve years ago...
SAVILLE: No, I lived in it for twelve years.
MERTON: And ****ed twelve year olds. (Audience laugh)
DEAYTON: Here we go again...I'll be backstage if anyone wants me.
MERTON: (Indicating Saville) That's what you said to the kids on your show, wasn't it?
(Audience laugh)
SAVILLE: No, they never did want me.
HISLOP: Not even Sarah Cornley?
SAVILLE: She was an exception.
DEAYTON: Who's Sarah Cornley?
SAVILLE: Sarah Cornley is...
HISLOP: About fifteen grand in damages, wasn't she?
(Uncertain audience laugh)
SAVILLE: That's right.
HISLOP: So if I was going to mention that you threatened to break her arm if she said anything...
SAVILLE: You'd be very wrong. (Pause) I said I'd break both her arms.
(Audience unease)

unfortunately it turned out to be an internet hoax... but seemingly there were rumours back then that he was a big nonce...

I am sorry if you are now seeing your dad is a new light if he was 18+

wow, I don't know what to say, soooooo many older fathers got women pregnant under the legal age during the 60s/70s, and you consider them all to be rapists and pedo's? you don't see that there is an acceptable grey erea here depending on the circumstances and what was deemed 'more acceptable' in that era?

You know I'm quite surprised at you tbh, normally your more rational this.

Mary was probably about 14 or so when she had Jesus...

Mohammed married a 9 year old....

(its a GD thread, its gone on for 10 pages, thought I'd chuck religion into the mix)

Back
Top Bottom