Jimmy Savile - Sexual Predator

Soldato
This article clarifies that BBC are airing it, but didn't make it.

Still feels ethically questionable that the company who facilitated his crimes are broadcasting a drama series about it IMO.

Makes me increasingly glad I cancelled my licence TBH when I see stuff like this being promoted by the BBC .

Last edited:
Associate
Watched Ep.1 very uncomfortable viewing so not sure i'll watch the rest. Coogan nailed it though, not normally a fan of his but this was just perfect. I'm just not sure the reasons behind producing this in the first place. We know what happened, the victims had their say. He got away with it thanks to the BBC cover ups. There is nothing new to learn so im not sure what the point of it is. And the fact that the organisation that covered it up is now broadcasting this seems obscene.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'm past episode 2 now and will watch the final 2 this evening.

They tackle his activities without showing what he's doing, so it's implied etc, still grim though but it's done in way to make you feel the way everyone would.

Still mind boggling that he was given so much free roam.

Soldato
I've nearly watched episode 1 (ill finish it tomorrow).

As someone who remembers that era it is easy to see how it happened, especially with a culture of parents or relatives being unapproachable about this kind of subject.

The sad thing is about watching the Savile case is we've had hundreds more using similar tactics yet the truth isn't encouraged to come out by official sources. Kids still weren't believed by officials. Exactly the same attitude of the police back in the Savile era.

Soldato
so posts indicate - it is written to exonerate the BBC - they couldn't have known - & when did ezther ransom set up childline ?
( ... saw C5 went for for bonus points with Wayne Couzins : Killer in plane sight )

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Did not know he bothered corpses though, that was rather an unsettling surprise :S

And the fact that he kept his mum's corpse for so long???

Last edited:

jcr

jcr

Associate
Did not know he bothered corpses though, that was rather an unsettling surprise :S

And the fact that he kept his mum's corpse for so long???
there was a lot of satanism involved in his activities. the powers that be like to keep that from the public eye though.

Soldato
I struggle to understand the true reasons for his behavior. What led to him becoming a monster?

The term sexual predator isn't totally accurate, it's not really about sex. If it was, a quick 5mins alone in the toilet would be enough. This is more about power and control, but he was on the BBC, knighted, knew the royal family and the prime minister. How much power and control do you need? Control over an 8yr old kid for a few mins? I struggle to wrap my head around it. The guardian reports he abused children as young as two. There's no control to be had? You can brush it off as easy as saying he was mentally disturbed, but that's a cop out in my opinion. Unless we agree some people are just born evil.

Everywhere you look it's about how he got away with it, but I can't find anything which tries to explain it.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Only he knows the why, but from a psychological point of view it seems to stem from just being a psychopath. His upbringing appeared to be standard, but the guy was just messed up in the head from the outset and took a chance opportunity to fiddle, got away with it and then that escalated. People say his charity work was his way of balancing the scales, that because he was doing good, that his sins would be forgiven, the series has a strong emphasis on that alone, but I don't think this is the case at all. He did the charity work because it gave him quick and easy access to those unable to defend themselves, and if they spoke up then nobody would listen to them anyway which is exactly what happened.

Some people are just born with neurons that fire the wrong way in their brain even though they are raised in normal households like everyone else, they just end up messed up and then do things like this, or shoot up a school, or shoot their family, or join a cult, or any number of other terrible things that people do when they are damaged it seems.

Back
Top Bottom