Jimmy Savile - Sexual Predator

Soldato
yep - It seems rather gratuitous pandering to the the tru-crime appetite (sutcliffe, Farquhar, salisbury) making the BBC money, unless all proceeds (eg. foreign sales) go to appropriate charities/victims -
will they portray the BBC in a kindly light - I don't know , won't be watching.
did civil cases ever access his assets.

Soldato
First few pages of this thread really disagree with you.
It was well known he was dodgy, that something wasn't right about his eccentric personality.

He was first brought up to me in conversation when I was around 14.

He was brought in for questioning for one of the Yorkshire ripper murders, and they happened around the 1970s.

On a lighter note, many people knew when he was doing the charity runs he was secretly getting in a car and then appearing later on near the finish line.

Soldato
Lesson from Saville is that sunlight is the best disinfectant, like being shone on Brand.

... next salacious true-crime drama from c4, another must watch
Dead Ringers and Spitting Image actor John Culshaw will play Boris Johnson in a Channel 4 dramatisation of events inside No 10 during lockdown that led to the partygate scandal.
W1A star Ophelia Lovibond and The Chronicles of Narnia actress Georgie Henley will play fictional special advisers in Partygate, which will be shown on the channel from Tuesday.

Permabanned
Louis Theroux talks at length about Jimmy Saville in his 2019 book. Theroux is someone who followed Saville around at length for a TV show and he’s clearly a man haunted by giving Saville the benefit of the doubt.

I think a lot of people dismissed him as a fairly harmless weirdo.

Soldato
Louis Theroux talks at length about Jimmy Saville in his 2019 book. Theroux is someone who followed Saville around at length for a TV show and he’s clearly a man haunted by giving Saville the benefit of the doubt.

I think a lot of people dismissed him as a fairly harmless weirdo.

I remember a Sunday magazine article about the man and his luxury equipped caravan he kept in the BBC car park. All above board obviously.

Soldato
Theroux is someone who followed Saville around at length for a TV show and he’s clearly a man haunted by giving Saville the benefit of the doubt.
Probably the first time theroux interviewed someone more intelligent than himself -
his regular exploitative/ingratiating interviews of those less intelligent than himself - are they serious journalism ?. Sacha Baren Coen now exemplifies that style, taking down bigger names.

Back
Top Bottom