Joker (2019)

Permabanned
is a good film for honest happy people....people who are bitter at the world and have opposing views and political agendas will automatically hate it without giving it a fair shot because they are weak and too young.....

Associate
I wasn't expecting much from this but actually enjoyed it.....especially the last sections where you see him become the Joker that we know. Now if this had been shot before The Dark Knight with Heath Ledger I think it would have been even better from a continuity point of view.

Soldato
I saw this for the first time last night and regret not seeing it at the cinema. Totally amazing!

DC should ditch the DCU like the steaming pile it is and concentrate on the dark side of super heroes / villains. Let's face it, they're all totally bonkers!

Permabanned
well it been a sht year for movies and Joker has been one of the best...so? so many woke movies that just don't engage the majority that only exist to say something rather then entertain.

Soldato
In isolation as a character study of a man who went through this transformation I thought it was absolutely amazing.

But as part of the DC universe I thought the ending was a real letdown and was too nihilistic. This Joker didn't seem clever enough to be a representation of the Joker we already know..

Soldato
Can anyone who's watched this in "other" ways confirm if they changed the song that's playing when he dances down the stone stairs?

There was a bit of fuss about it being a Gary Glitter song and talk of changing it for home release but it fit so perfectly. Original was Rock n Roll Pt 2.

Last edited:
Soldato
This Joker didn't seem clever enough to be a representation of the Joker we already know..

It was never meant to directly represent the Joker we already know, it's distinctly different, a whole new telling. Viewers need to remove the idea of previous portrayals of the Joker as a precursor to watching, The Joker.

Caporegime
Associate
If this movie won Best Picture I'd be stunned. Best actor is a given for Phoenix and I'm sure some other Oscars. But Best Picture hardly thought the movie as a whole wasn't great.

Man of Honour
Can anyone who's watched this in "other" ways confirm if they changed the song that's playing when he dances down the stone stairs?

There was a bit of fuss about it being a Gary Glitter song and talk of changing it for home release but it fit so perfectly. Original was Rock n Roll Pt 2.

I've seen it in the cinema and BluRay, no change.

Permabanned
It was never meant to directly represent the Joker we already know, it's distinctly different, a whole new telling. Viewers need to remove the idea of previous portrayals of the Joker as a precursor to watching, The Joker.

It's Joker the beginning not fully realised Joker....that'll come in the next one...still to find his feet.

Caporegime
It's Joker the beginning not fully realised Joker....that'll come in the next one...still to find his feet.

Not really.

This was a 'one and done' movie with no real link to anything else.

Bruce Wayne is a small child and Fleck is in his late 30's or early 40's

I don't remember Batman facing off against a 60 year old Joker ever...Even Nicholson was only 51

Back
Top Bottom