Jupiter Ascending (2014)

Caporegime
... So, it's basically The Matrix in space? A man and his rag-tag team searches the Earth for this "One" person of great importance, that'll "change everything", who lives an ordinary and unassuming life. The universe isn't as it seems to everyone, and it even had the bad guys getting to her first only instead of an interrogation room they swapped it out for a hospital room.

I'm not saying the movie isn't going to be good, although from this trailer I have a feeling it's gonna be awful, but this movie looks about as original as the entire Matrix franchise mixed with every other generic sci-fi/fantasy story.

lol i think this guy has a fair point, talking about the 2nd trailer...

This is a one off film isnt it ?? No silly trilogy ?

Im kinda bored of dragging out trilogies and teenage coming of age sci-fi girls books Hunger games, Divergence, The maze etc etc etc

Associate
This is something I will watch. I will decide whether it is any good after I have watched it.

The Matrix is a very good film. It has a deeper meaning to it than most people know.

Man of Honour
The Matrix is a very good film. It has a deeper meaning to it than most people know.

Seriously? What? That the world is an illusion? That if you were a bit of sentient software then you might be a god? Or did you take all that cod-Zen at face value? Assuming that is actually possible, given that none of it makes sense. It's some good action separated by long periods of pretentious drivel and the world's most obvious love story.

Permabanned
Actually there's a lot of philosophy and religious influences in the Matrix trilogy. Watch Return to the Source: Philosophy and "The Matrix".

http://vimeo.com/53000177

Although, if you're not into philosophical thinking, I guess it could be pretentious drivel.

Last edited:
Caporegime
This Finally comes out in Sweden this weekend. 6/02

Its getting a panning by all accounts from reviewers but what do those suckers know eh? :p

I'm pretty sure most people that go see it wont be expecting a masterpiece in the writing or scripting.

I'll be more than happy if its Matrix/Dune, [which 1 reviewer compared the universe to]Guardians of the galaxy Mashup.

Last edited:
Soldato
arknor: I think you are missing my point. A film is not bad because it has SFX; it is bad if it relies on them. It should have (roughly in order): a sensible plot, good writing, good direction and good acting. Once those are sorted out, then add some SFX. But it's perfectly possible to make great Science Fiction with no SFX at all.

As 'The Man from Earth' shows, just a group of people sat round chatting but being a brilliant sci-Fi film

As much as I love all the eye candy, a film with all sfx/vsfx but a rubbish plot and execution is not going to be a good film.

Back
Top Bottom