Just bought a new car!

Associate
Just put a deposit down on a Fiesta ZS, 00W. Was up for £3495 but got him down to £2800 after noticing a few scratches (nothing more than a good polish, t cut would get rid of) and the back box will need replacing in a few months. 62000 miles on the clock, nearly full SH and 12 months MOT and 6 months tax.

Feel like I've got a bargain to be honest, seen ones in worse condition go for a lot more, there was no rust in the sills but noticed a slight bubble on the rear drivers side arch so knocked more off my offer. Test drive was great, started first time from cold and handled like it was on rails, no body roll and corners were taken with ease. By far the fastest and best handling car I've driven, then again my friends 1.25 Mk5 Fiesta was a hoot to drive too.

So my questions/opinions wanted...

What exhaust would people recomend?
I'm after a Ford/Double DIN headunit too, preferably MP3 and also any non tacky performance/style mods I should make?

Cheers, I await your comments, both good and bad!

Smart looking cars the Zetec S, always sort of liked them myself. Hopefully you picked a good 'un, and will get a lot of fun out of it! :)

Ah right cheers Tesla. I have JVC headunit cant remember which model but it was £150 reduced from £300 may put that in and save some cash for a few subtle mods.

Timbob, even the passenger seat ride was fun, but it was such a fun drive I had to have it!

Scottland said:
Nice, the dash is 1.5 DIN same as mine.

What colour is it, I'll keep an eye out for it ;)

It's Panther Black, W*** JRM. Will be out and about properly in a few days with loads of pics!

Any advice or pics of other users ZS' as I know a few people have/had them here.

Really awesome cars!! Im after one come 1ncb time (jan hopefully) to replace my mk4 1.25... :D

LOVE these cars tbh... sounds like you got a bargain too. Most ZS' around here for that price are well over 100k mileage.

Look at thee lovely video... shame about the presenter

CLICK ME

Zetec S > Saxo VTS > Corsa SRi :D

Panther Black as well! lovely! On UKFN theres a few panther black ZS'... very nice indeed.

Cant wait till i get one... :p

lovely cars i think, i have a panther black zs on a W plate. just coming upto 42k miles as well so pretty low, although i work locally so dont really rack up the miles.

will get a few picks of mine up over the weekend :)

Good little car you have got yourself there mate , im on my second ( its only a gap car till ive saved for something faster but i still have a good hoot in it )

Photo-0183%20(Medium).jpg

Thats my current one ^ lowered 40mm , if your going for a Zorst go for a miltek, they give the best gains ( tiny but might as well get a gain :p ) Sound good too and not boomy like a magnex or something.

Go on ZSOC.com too , goood site

Sam

yes very good cars, very fun to drive also! they aint fast however they aint too slow either! here is a pic of my car:

DSC00031.jpg

Here's a pic of mine! :

zetec_S-1.jpg

Mods:

Pipercross Induction Kit
Fully colour coded
Smoothed boot
Lowered on 60mm (40mm lower than standard) GMAX springs and shocks (they give a harsh ride but make it handle loads better)
ST170 Centre Caps

Last edited:
Sam said:
Good little car you have got yourself there mate , im on my second ( its only a gap car till ive saved for something faster but i still have a good hoot in it )

Thats my current one ^ lowered 40mm , if your going for a Zorst go for a miltek, they give the best gains ( tiny but might as well get a gain :p ) Sound good too and not boomy like a magnex or something.

Go on ZSOC.com too , goood site

Sam

Cant believe you got rid of it dude :(

just about to get rid of my Fiesta Zetec.

2001 1.25 Zetec 16v

cracking car, canny power for the engine size.

had no problems at all with it.

mines black as well, looks smart as out when its clean.

watch out for the metal buttons on the back windows mine started to rust, its isolated so no danger to car but annoys me :p

Back
Top Bottom