Just Cause 4

Soldato
I haven't even seen square enix or avalanch comment yet on all these issues posted on steam snd reddit for the game. Leaves me worried.

Does anyone else here own it..? Lol

Soldato
Loved JC2 (my most played game of the past 10 years) and really enjoyed JC3 too but it didn't feel as varied to me as JC2 did.

Pre-ordered JC4 for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and had a couple of hours play on it last night. Definitely feels like a polished JC3 so far - basically the same but with some nice added bells and whistles (tether balloons are fun so far). Haven't had any crashes or issues beyond nasty looking shimmering on Rico's hair in cut scenes, but as I said I've only got a couple of hours in.

Pretty much agree with reviews - how you feel about JC3 will be how you feel about JC4 as the game's very similar, which is fine with me! :D

Soldato
Despite the issues I'll be getting the most fun I can from it to get my moneys worth

The whole "border control" thing is a confusing and yes the speed and wingsuit challenged still exist but only need to complete them, not a certain time for 5 cogs. Just zip through in the timer and done, points on the bar to unlock a mod for whatever.

Edit: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/9939/ The 1st Reshade profile I've seen, will try later.

UPDATE: https://steamcommunity.com/games/517630/announcements/detail/1698317802615929008 They have responded to the issues present, hopefully we'll get a patch soon.

Last edited:
Soldato
I kind of agree with Mac's video, the game has graphical problems ie bad textures in places terrible PS1 water effects !! and dumb missions but like he also stated it's actually great fun.

Soldato
I was just looking for cheapest price for this game and I came across a site that sells keys for all the regions in Steam and in Argentina this game is £12.51 !!

A gray key seller no doubt but if it is that price in Argentina wow.

Associate
Preordered this as am really loving the Just Cause series. Just cause has always been pure arcade shootout with great visuals, so is this one.

Only thing am missing is liberating towns, it was fun in JC3!

Soldato
Yeah liberating towns has gone, grenades have gone, dual pistols I haven't seen. I've heard setting performance in Nvidia control panel to "adaptive" may help crashes so ill try that and edit back.

I won't alt tab to see if that causes issues, some games it does.

Edit: Nope, crashes going near a base..

Update! They are working on fixes: https://i.imgur.com/zRMI1K7.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
I think it was rushed to get christmas sales, sitting at Mostly Negative on Steam atm. However I have unplugged the controller and have taken over 3 bases so far. no crashes.

Soldato
I got excited this morning when I saw an advertisement for it on the way to work, but after reading this thread I think I'll give it a miss.

If you enjoyed JC3, I'd still recommend getting this (now from CDKeys or later when it's reduced further, your call) as the game is very much JC3.5, which is exactly what I was hoping for.

Played another few hours last night with no crashes or issues so it seems to be pot luck if your system has issues or not at present but I'm hopeful they'll fix the issues so everyone can enjoy the game. I realise it still sucks for those having issues now.

Soldato
I unlocked a wind cannon last night. The first thing I did after was drop it in. What I did not want to do however is drop it into a tornado that was approaching which happened. :(

Back
Top Bottom