Just dropped a deposit on some M Power - Trackday Project Car

OcUK Staff
OP
It was more aimed at the car in this thread. The E9X is 100KG's heavier for a start and as Gibbo has shown with a few mods makes not much less power than the V8.

True still 30-40HP in it and you can always mod the V8 one too remember and I think NA wise modded they push 440-460HP, which would give it a clear 60-80HP over an E46, yes they are heavier but again there is more weight to be saved on E92 so when both are stripped to a level like my E46 the weight difference is like 60-80kg I believe.

But the car I listed was a goer until I found it to be CAT D and that does not interest me.
But right now E92 are good buys, can't see them de-valuing much more as the engine is for me in another league compared to the new engines in both delivery and sound, plus character too. The new M cars sounds pathetic, like a wet far, such a big let down they really are.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo here is the pic as promised -

30997458657_90cbb8a03e_c.jpg

As I said earlier. I'm about 5'10/11 and it all feels pretty good.

Thanks for this, when I get some time shall get an appointment sorted to try out some seats, just hard to find any time free due to work and jet setting and all that boring but fun stuff. :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Finally had the ABS kill switch installed:

m3int.jpg

Then once warmed up proceeded to do some Christmas donuts, not that it needs to be Christmas for me to do donuts, if its wet I am game:

Was also all serviced yesterday, so ready for some track days, when I throw the other set of wheels on I shall give it a good clean and post up some new pictures. :)

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Getting some braking vibration at 80-100mph under braking, steering wheel wobbles, was not there a week ago.

Checked the front hats, one side has a crack around bolt, either age or over-tighten when new outers fitted, guessing that is cause, can't be safe anyway.

Just had to order a pair of new bells from Alcon, best part of £600, thats the issue with Alcon brakes, they might be ace, but damn the pricing is a bit of joke. :(

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Well its being six years and I've decided to sell, simply because I hardly use the car any more, so gave it a good cleaning this weekend and myself and the Mrs grabbed lunch in it, a real shame as the car is such a blast, but here is a load of pictures of how the car stands now, this car is such an incredible drive, certainly better than the CSL I owned some years ago but it should be as most the mods done are what CSL owners would, but the car looks immaculate, OK it is by no means what you would call a showroom condition original car, because it is not being nearly 18 years old and covered nearly 115,000 miles, but its a damn clean solid car with very premium tasteful mods done to it that make it an extremely capable road and track car.

I am happy for any prospective buy to get 12 months MOT put on the car as well:

More pictures taken this weekend:

m43.jpg~original

m44.jpg~original

m45.jpg~original

m40.jpg~original

m42.jpg~original

m39.jpg~original

m38.jpg~original

m41.jpg~original

m37.jpg~original

m34_1.jpg~original

m31_1.jpg~original

m32_1.jpg~original

m33_1.jpg~original

m36.jpg~original

m35_1.jpg~original

OcUK Staff
OP
Serious bit of kit, any idea what you're going to ask for it yet?

Put it up at £16,500ono, anything around 15k I shall be happy with, to some that may seem cheap, to others a bit expensive but it has had huge money put into it and well it needs nothing doing to it mechanically, of course it could be improved further and tidied up further, but as I found out it is never ending with this car. :D

Back
Top Bottom