Just dropped a deposit on some M Power - Trackday Project Car

OcUK Staff
OP
It's not absolute height that makes a difference, it's leg/torso length that impacts seating comfort. Hence why trousers aren't made according to your height :)

That is the issue for me with the Recaro seats, the harness pass through holes on recaros are quite slim and my shoulders sit above those holes but I've only sat in the F1 Recaro, not tried the ABE or SPG yet.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hmm...I wonder too. Might have been tracked to death!

No issue with that, tracking does not harm a car and if was the case I'd just give it a full service including new rod bearing (2k) and then a long with a suspension refresh, bushes etc so probably about a grand or more if dampers tired, just seems way cheaper than other 2010 and newer cars with DCT, EDC etc.
Problem is if I buy it, I know what will happen, two track prepared M3's on the drive, Clio would have to go in garage. :D

Caporegime
No issue with that, tracking does not harm a car and if was the case I'd just give it a full service including new rod bearing (2k) and then a long with a suspension refresh, bushes etc so probably about a grand or more if dampers tired, just seems way cheaper than other 2010 and newer cars with DCT, EDC etc.
Problem is if I buy it, I know what will happen, two track prepared M3's on the drive, Clio would have to go in garage. :D

It doesn't harm it per se but parts are more likely to be worn as you've mentioned above. This would put off some buyers hence the lower price.

Man of Honour
They shall be sold, but I think a forum member here already has first dibs, but yours if they don't cough up. They are amazingly comfy to be honest, I did NC500 and a solid 8hr drive it was only 6hr in I felt a little lower back pain and felt it was time for a stop and walk around, but I soldiered on and did the full 8hr stint home. :D

Okay mate, well keep me informed, I'm definitely after some for the FD2 as the OEM ones aren't that great (too high and not enough support for track).

Caporegime
Depends when it was written off though, if its a recent CAT-D it might not have been damaged that badly. Can understand why you'd want to avoid when you have options though. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Depends when it was written off though, if its a recent CAT-D it might not have been damaged that badly. Can understand why you'd want to avoid when you have options though. :)

I'd never buy a CAT D sorry, if I am buying a car I am buying a proper sorted example thats not been crashed, I'd never trust a repaired car as you never truly know the extent of the damage, if it was repaired on the cheap. I will instantly dismiss any CAT D car, unless the saving was truly epic and for me that car would need to be 11-13k to make me consider it!

I am kind of glad its a CAT D, otherwise the temptation to go and buy it was getting too strong. :D

Caporegime
If it was say a sub £5k car then perhaps but the value of a non bent e90 Comp tells me that one has had a fair whack.

Soldato
@Gibbo here is the pic as promised -

30997458657_90cbb8a03e_c.jpg

As I said earlier. I'm about 5'10/11 and it all feels pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom