just finished me first shift in mcdonalds

Soldato
The difference is you probably plan on staying at IKEA long term where as its only temp for me and I plan on moving onto bigger and better things :p

Lol, completely wrong. I have been there 3 years but thats while i have been studying at uni.

Soldato
i work there too, close to 2 years, just weekends though, uni is tough.! lol

hate the managers, they hate me, hate the neds/chavs, cause im a so called *rocker guy with to many tattoos* lol

but it pays for some good nights out.

Associate
OP
lol yeah i mean its not awesome, just awesome compared to how i thought id feel afterwards.
yep jobs a job at the end of the day, i mean i enjoyed it more than i did working at meat factory (on the slaughter floor) in oz for 4 months, less than the marines but that fair crippled me and more than centerparc's, but less than labouring. so all in all, as was posted above, easy job=easy money. easy money = ticket to new zealand. lol score :p

(oh and on the health front i work out a fair bit (one of the plus's of having been unemployed since i got back to the uk)so dont worry, just gonna be on the chicken and salads w00t :D)

but cheers for the comments lads :D

Soldato
lol yeah i mean its not awesome, just awesome compared to how i thought id feel afterwards.
yep jobs a job at the end of the day, i mean i enjoyed it more than i did working at meat factory (on the slaughter floor) in oz for 4 months, less than the marines but that fair crippled me and more than centerparc's, but less than labouring. so all in all, as was posted above, easy job=easy money. easy money = ticket to new zealand. lol score :p

(oh and on the health front i work out a fair bit (one of the plus's of having been unemployed since i got back to the uk)so dont worry, just gonna be on the chicken and salads w00t :D)

but cheers for the comments lads :D

Just post back to us in a few months and see what you think of it then :p

Soldato
Oh and the image in my sig is a map 3 of us made of our restaurant. Its for cs and was based on a robbery that took place there! Its built exactly as the restaurant and even has textures made up from photos taken inside it!
Sad i know but if u play cs check it out cs_mcdonalds

nice! :D

Soldato
all i can say is AWESOME.
lol, really was sooo much better than i thought it was gonna be and i really quite enjoyed it :D full time and will soon start paying off me bills.
what a result.
oh and they gave me a free meal for me lunch. get in :D

You will either start to hate it very very very soon, or you will be one of those people who seem to love and live in McDonalds, even when they aren't actually on shift.

There is no inbetween I'm afraid, and neither option is a good one.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
i remember Mcdonalds was the first P/T job i had after school worked there from 16-18
sometimes i liked it other times i hated it and i was embarrassed as well if people asked where i worked i would either say tesco or i didnt work

but when i look back on it really wasn't that bad i learnt at from working there it was a good experience

Soldato
Ha unlucky for you! Markethall blows.

I am a WWI man. Best department ever.

OT: Marketplace doesn't blow. There's far more opportunity to slack and avoid blathering customers then showroom. Trust me I worked in Cookshop, Home Org, Textiles and Home dec for about 7 years covering shifts in showroom. I'd hardly call WWI the most exciting department anyway :p

OP: Do you find yourself tempted to take more then your allowance of free meals. If I were there I'd be :o

Last edited:
Soldato
all i can say is AWESOME.
lol, really was sooo much better than i thought it was gonna be and i really quite enjoyed it :D full time and will soon start paying off me bills.
what a result.
oh and they gave me a free meal for me lunch. get in :D

52731_awesome4_123_1068lo.jpg

o/

Soldato
Oh and the image in my sig is a map 3 of us made of our restaurant. Its for cs and was based on a robbery that took place there! Its built exactly as the restaurant and even has textures made up from photos taken inside it!
Sad i know but if u play cs check it out cs_mcdonalds

I think as it's a cs_ map it'd be a bit disappointed. Playing as a T, i'd want it to be a de_ map so I could blow the place to bits!

And as a CT, I'm afraid the urge to shoot the McD employee hostages in the face with my USP would be too hard to resist :D

Man of Honour
Having worked in fast food, I can confirm that the most stupid people you will meet... are the customers.

I worked at a Welcome Break before, and some of the conversations you get are just mind boggling:

Me: Hello there Sir, what can I get you :)
C: I'll have a Zinger burger and a large drink.
Me: Ok! I'll just put that through as a meal so you will save money... that'll be £3.79 would you like the fries anyway?
C: Excuse me? Did I ask for a meal.
Me: Ah, I know you didn't ask for a meal but...
C: Are you ******* stupid then? I asked for a BURGER and a DRINK. Not a MEAL.
Me: But it's ...
C: Oh my god, duuuuuuuuuuuh!
Me: ..... Right. Fine. A buger and a drink. That'll be £4.09 then please.
C: .... wait a minute, that's more expensive, why didn't you tell me that?
Me: ..............

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom