just finished me first shift in mcdonalds

Man of Honour
Ha ha, that's superb - I can well believe it too... you do get some right muppets :D

Most of the time, you just have to 'suck it all in' and try not to let it get to you. But then again, very rarely, it is possible to 'get your own back':

In the Coffee Primo section:
C: Can I please have a coffee .... *mumble*
Me: Sorry, Sir, I didn't catch that... could you repeat that please?
C: Maybe you should try ******* listening then shouldn't you? :mad:
Me: Erm...... ooookaay.

*The order is completed*

Me: Here's your ******* coffee Sir, have a really ******* good day :)

The confusion on his face was priceless \o/

One more:
Me: Here we go, one decaff soya latte!
C: I didn't ask for decaff...
(For clarification, I was making the drinks, but I was told the order by another member of staff)
Me: Agh, damn, sorry Sir, I'll fix that for you right away *gets drink*. Here we are, very sorry about that Sir.
C: *snatches the drink* Seriously, it isn't hard to get a drink order right, are you stupid?
Me: ... well, you know, it's hard to really define stupidity. After all, I'm not the type to buy coffee at vastly inflated prices. Besides I'm not that stupid, I'm an aeronautical engineer, but hey, that's not rocket science is it...? Oh, wait. Enjoy your drink.

I'm not an aeronautical engineer, but it happened to fit where I was going with my rant :p

Soldato
Shame about the reputation McDonalds staff get, don't get me wrong, like every work place there are some real idiots but remember talking to a girl that worked there and she was doing a degree in chemistry. Incredibly bright etc

Permabanned
One more:
Me: Here we go, one decaff soya latte!
C: I didn't ask for decaff...
(For clarification, I was making the drinks, but I was told the order by another member of staff)
Me: Agh, damn, sorry Sir, I'll fix that for you right away *gets drink*. Here we are, very sorry about that Sir.
C: *snatches the drink* Seriously, it isn't hard to get a drink order right, are you stupid?
Me: ... well, you know, it's hard to really define stupidity. After all, I'm not the type to buy coffee at vastly inflated prices. Besides I'm not that stupid, I'm an aeronautical engineer, but hey, that's not rocket science is it...? Oh, wait. Enjoy your drink.

I'm not an aeronautical engineer, but it happened to fit where I was going with my rant :p

That it spot on.

You have to hit them with facts whichs makes them look really stupid!

Soldato
mcdonalds-im-luggin-it.jpg

Soldato
I know a lad who used to work at mcdonalds.
Sounds like you're lucky man, the one he worked was basically an illegal operation.
No hygiene standards, they had illegal immigrants working in there for sub minimum wage, people working 14 hour shifts, gone off food being used, left over milkshakes being reused.
Aparently, if you take the gherkins out of a cheeseburger it's classed as a pudding. And a ceasar salad contains around the same amount of salt as a big mac.

Fair play if you can hack it, but from the amount of ******s i've had to endure in tescos, i don't think i could work in maccy d's which round here is just chav infested.
Plus i don't like the food.

Last edited:
Associate
Having worked in fast food, I can confirm that the most stupid people you will meet... are the customers.

Seriously? Ive always found it to be the other way round. Last month I was in a Burger King off the A1, ordered a Bacon Double Cheeseburger meal with a coke and was served a Whopper and a cup of tea... completely off the map wrong. :D

Don
Oh and the image in my sig is a map 3 of us made of our restaurant. Its for cs and was based on a robbery that took place there! Its built exactly as the restaurant and even has textures made up from photos taken inside it!
Sad i know but if u play cs check it out cs_mcdonalds

omg, i've played that!

Soldato
Lakeside.

WWI, is work with ikea. In showroom, where you buy the Galant desk!

Apologises to the OP for taking thread off topic

Again, sorry for going off topic, but!

Used to work at Lakeside IKEA myself, cash office and a bit of 'Full Serve' as it was called back then. (Warehouse for non self service items)

Was by far the most enjoyable job I've ever had, used to finish work at 10.30 on a weeknight, and be down in Romford by 11 almost every night.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
I say respect. Forget the stigma attached with working at McD. At least you're working and giving something back to the state, rather than a huge number who'd rather sponge from it. Kudos.

Associate
I have worked there 6 months now! It's such a crappy job! The shift mangers who go on a power trip, really bad money, bad food! I should be leaving in the next few weeks. The best thing there is working on a close can be such a laugh! Made some really good friends there! Customers are the worst! Keep an eye for those gapbusters!

See if you still lovin it in a month!!

Phil

Soldato
Seriously? Ive always found it to be the other way round. Last month I was in a Burger King off the A1, ordered a Bacon Double Cheeseburger meal with a coke and was served a Whopper and a cup of tea... completely off the map wrong. :D

Generally if a customer is being a complete and utter **** head you mess them about. I do it all the time.
If someones being a **** in tescos i'll add a couple of doughnuts to their reciept or somethnig, wait til they pay and then be like "oh you've got to go to the customer service desk for a refund" they can't complain about it and be taken seriously, and they either lose like 50p or spend 10 minutes queuing to get it back.

Not saying your were one of those customers but it's entirely possible they just didn't like you.

Soldato
Good news :)

I used to work in a the kitchen at Pizza hut while I was at uni, how much you enjoy it really depends on your workmates I found. I had awful shifts and ones where I couldn't stop laughing, it just depends who's on a shift with you.

Back
Top Bottom