just finished me first shift in mcdonalds

Soldato
I will say only one thing, well point out what I once saw..

They were doing a stock take (was about to close) and one (new I guess) was asked to count the amount of ice they had. He asked how and the manager said get a bucket and scoop etc. However this was out of a icemaker!

Soldato
good on ya, at least you are doing somthing rather than sponging.

i worked at mcds for 9 years as a shift running manager, never ever again lol...did make some life long friends and it was a laugh at times

Soldato
i did 3 weeks of it while awaiting to start my marine engineer sponsorship. i had to jack it in, but omg it feels like you make 100's of burgers a day :( it made the day drag on loads. also the beef side was easier for me than doing chicken and the deep fried stuff.

Associate
Are you working on tills or in kitchen? And also what are the hours you are doing? I take it you are not doing closing as this isn't so enjoyable :D Best thing to do is look on the bright side that you are making money and all is good. Easy for me to do because I am at college so when ever I am at work it just feels so much better.

Soldato
Are you working on tills or in kitchen? And also what are the hours you are doing? I take it you are not doing closing as this isn't so enjoyable :D Best thing to do is look on the bright side that you are making money and all is good. Easy for me to do because I am at college so when ever I am at work it just feels so much better.

When I worked in Pizza Hut I was regularly on closing. They "officially" stopped paying you at 11pm, but you'd be expected to be there until the place was spotless (kitchen). One night when a new manager was coming the next day, I was there until nearly 4am.

I didn't drive and the manager with us that night refused to give me a lift home. Queue waiting for a taxi (sat night in Belfast) for 45 mins afterwards. Didn't get home until about 5am, and then had to be in at 10am for a meeting to introduce the new manager.

After that I will never, ever, work in a similar environment.

Permabanned
I couldn't work in Mcdonalds, no danger. The fact that everyone you know + everyone that you could potentially know + every tidy bird that walks in sees you behind that counter in your outfit flipping burgers etc, no danger i could do that.

Permabanned
fairplay to you mate, welcome to the working life again, as soon as youve paid ure bills ull be joining the forever upgrading your pc club, thats not a hard 1 to get into unlike a job, wish u the best mate

Soldato
When I worked in Pizza Hut I was regularly on closing. They "officially" stopped paying you at 11pm, but you'd be expected to be there until the place was spotless (kitchen). One night when a new manager was coming the next day, I was there until nearly 4am.

I didn't drive and the manager with us that night refused to give me a lift home. Queue waiting for a taxi (sat night in Belfast) for 45 mins afterwards. Didn't get home until about 5am, and then had to be in at 10am for a meeting to introduce the new manager.

After that I will never, ever, work in a similar environment.

Thats your own fault for letting the manager push you about.
Once you're off the clock he's not your boss, and it's up to him to do the work. He can't fire you for not working after hours.

Back
Top Bottom