Just gave blood again, do you?

Soldato
I'm going tonight, didn't get the form in the post to fill in like I used to is that normal now do you fill one in when you get there.
Got an appointment so let's hope they stick to it or its my last time.

Man of Honour
I'm going tonight, didn't get the form in the post to fill in like I used to is that normal now do you fill one in when you get there.
Got an appointment so let's hope they stick to it or its my last time.
May well have gotten lost in the post, they usually have blank ones as well for you to fill out when you get there if you haven't got it.

Soldato
All done, much better experience than in the past. Don't like the new chairs, what's wrong with a bed.
So how long can you now go between appointments, guessing the app will let me book my next one tomorrow.

Caporegime
there's one within walking distance of me and I'm really tempted but no idea what my blood group is.
if I went and found out it was a really common group I don't think I would bother again so seems like maybe a waste of time for them

Associate
Every type of blood is useful so don't let that put you off. Depending what type you are you might be able to donate to multiple groups. I'm O- so a universal donor. Not very rare but very useful. Just go for the poor biscuits and juice...

FluffySheep

Wise Guy
Soldato
Not allowed to in this country because I lived in the UK during BSE and my blood is probably chockablock full of mad cow prions.

Wise Guy
Soldato
Are there not implied risks when giving blood, no matter how safe the precautions, you could end up with an embolism for example.

Doesn't seem natural purging 1 pint of blood from your body.

Nah it's good for you. It's pretty much the only way you get get rid of iron from your body which most men have too much of. Iron is actually really bad for you above the amount needed for survival, it's a pro-oxidant.

Soldato
I gave blood recently, it was really simple and quick and no pain or bruise's or anything. Found out I'm in the rare AB+ group as well.

Soldato
After seeing the revival of the anthony Nolan post i thought it would be worth while bumping this.

I havent donated for a while and i really should book myself in so im going to download the app to this phone and get donating again.

I kind of owe donating and need to be more frequent given both my parents have had operations in the last 6 years which needed blood so i feel i need to pay it back more.

Considering its so quick, easy and painless to do IMO i think everyone should do it

Got to be O+ :D

Back
Top Bottom