Just gave blood again, do you?

Soldato
I'm O+
I used to donate but stopped because I kept passing out after every time. Didn't matter if I'd eaten before hand or not, regardless of what I did after a few minutes I went down.

not passed out but gone very pale and been tipped upside down a couple of times!

Got told last time they wanted to take me off the books because of my reactions :/
I asked that I be kept and I'll try and eat/drink more before hand.

My partner's a nurse and when training took my BP often while practising and has told me I'm always on the lowest end of the spectrum, so maybe that's it?

Associate
i used to give blood, then in the 80's I needed quite a bit back, now i cant give anymore because at the time it wasnt screened for hiv and mad cow. keep up the donations guys you never know how many people you help.

Soldato
They do it all day, every day. I'd expect them to be good.
I drink plenty of fluids and always exercise my arm for about 10 minutes before - veins stand out and then, even if you get a trainee, (i always say yes, they've gotta learn somehow) they're usually in first time.

If i don't it usually takes a couple of attempts - my veins like to jump out of the way :/

Associate
Whenever I try to give blood in a doctors or with the at home ones, I can't get any blood out. I ***** my finger and 1 drop comes out. Even when I go do it properly they still can't fill the vials.

Back
Top Bottom