Just had to punch a bloke in B&Q

Associate
I'm livid. I was leaving the B&Q car park and i'm just about half way over the mini zebra crossing lines they have at about 5mph when this bloke and his wife come bombing out across not even looking. I stop with a blast on the horn as I would have hit the fool. They obviously stop and i carry on. Anyway I glance in the rear view mirror to see this bloke rushing up after my car (i've only moved about 3/4 meter btw), the sod whips his keys out and keys my tailgate!!!

I went ballistic, slammed the the car to a stop flew out the door and punched him in the face till he went to the floor. His wife didnt' even squeek. There were other people about watching and one bloke said to me i'd have done the same what an *******.

Dunno what to do now, I need to get some chill pills. :mad:

wicked! he got what he deserved, but I dont think you punching him will make him pay for respraying the tailgate :(
Nevermind.....just go home, have a beer and chill :)

So because you stopped to avoid hitting the pedestrians some bloke keyed your car?:confused: Why on earth do that? Was he in a car or was he also a pedestrian. Doesn't make any sense why he'd do that really.

it'd have been worth getting your tailgate keyed just to have smacked someone in B&Q car park. that place always makes me angry with rage

Dublove said:
I'm livid. I was leaving the B&Q car park and i'm just about half way over the mini zebra crossing lines they have at about 5mph when this bloke and his wife come bombing out across not even looking. I stop with a blast on the horn as I would have hit the fool. They obviously stop and i carry on. Anyway I glance in the rear view mirror to see this bloke rushing up after my car (i've only moved about 3/4 meter btw), the sod whips his keys out and keys my tailgate!!!

I went ballistic, slammed the the car to a stop flew out the door and punched him in the face till he went to the floor. His wife didnt' even squeek. There were other people about watching and one bloke said to me i'd have done the same what an a******.

Dunno what to do now, I need to get some chill pills. :mad:
So you didn't give way to a pedestrian at a pedestrian crossing and then assaulted him?

Shouldn't you stop for zebra crossings and let the duders past?

Anyway, if someone would have keyed my car, i would have done the same. Good drills.

fatiain said:
So you didn't give way to a pedestrian at a pedestrian crossing and then assaulted him?

to be honest, it was a bit stupid just to blindly step into the road, even though it's a zebra crossing, common sense says to be cautious anyway. and to key someone's car because they may not have seen you approaching the crossing is well out of line. i'd have done exactly the same in his position, depending on how big the guy was.

dirtydog said:
i hope there was some irony in that somwhere :D

yeah, they have irony, tilesy, woody...everything like that at B&Q. can we talk properly now, though? :p

Why stop at punching him until he went down, you should have kicked him repeatedly in the head until his face was barely recognisable and then done the same to his wife.

[/kbw]

K.

Burbleflop said:
Unless I'm reading the OP wrong, I thought the other guy was in a car, not a pedestrian?
Thats how I read it. Man and his wife walked out in front of the OP in his car. Then OP looks in his rear mirror and SOMEONE else has keyed his car.

Yes, while cars do have to stop for pedestrians at zebra crossings, that doesn't give pedestrians carte blanche to cross without looking first, and to make sure all traffic has stopped safely etc.

I don't have a problem with what the OP did.

(I'm reading it that they were on foot but maybe I'm wrong about that)

Last edited:
fatiain said:

Nar, It was safe for me to drive across as no one was waiting. This guy & his wife were almost jogging. They came straight out from behind the cars without even looking :( I was halfway across already btw.

Feek said:
Why stop at punching him until he went down, you should have kicked him repeatedly in the head until his face was barely recognisable and then done the same to his wife.

[/kbw]

K.

lol, thats what I meant to say, but I wasnt sure if my views would be frowned upon :D

Yeah, you really should have been watching for anyone about the cross or waiting to cross zebra crossings. If I was crossing a zebra crossing and some driver BEEPED me - I would be so angry. And its is just the fact I am not a confrontational person I would not have done anything.

Oh and BTW, you punched him till he fell to the floor? Errrr - how many times did you punch him then?

You are one VERY angry person. I would definitly not be putting a few scratches above being arrested for assault or even ABH. Be careful matey, him or his wife may have taken your reg.

Mohinder said:
I had a fight in B&Q once. One of the staff came up to me and asked if I wanted decking, so I got the first punch in and legged it.

Not sure whether I should laugh or cry at that :p

Sounds like you were in the right with regard to the crossing, if you were already going over it as they approached. Tbh though, I probably wouldn't have got out and smacked the guy one although I'd have been mightily peeved at having my car keyed.

Back
Top Bottom