Just seen FB advert on TV

V F

V F

Soldato
It feels like because the programmes that get the most media coverage are soaps and reality TV like Eastenders and Love
Island, that they feel that’s all people watch and all that’s on it. They seem to forget about the fantastic documentaries like Blue Planet, Planet Earth etc.

Also, the ones who say “I don’t need a TV, I can watch it on my PC”. Nice one Einstein. So you’d rather watch 1080p TV on your thousand pound PC with a 24 inch monitor, when you can get a 48 inch 4K TV for £400!

How do they play their console games? :rolleyes:

As for the ad, I haven't seen it yet.

fez

fez

Caporegime
If there is one thing I really hate its multi multi billion pound companies pushing out adverts that are making out that they have your interests at heart and you're their number one concern. I especially hate it when they try and be cool or sentimental. Facebooks recent ad is awful and guilty of both of these things and one of the banks was doing it recently with **** little poems and songs from "real" people.

Soldato
The advert claiming that they are not about spam, adverts, fake news, data breaches etc etc... yet that is how they made their money over the last 10 years and did nothing about it. Ironic.

Caporegime
I also found this really odd.

What I found even more odd was an advert for NATO on Facebook. Why is that a thing? It was a little bit Starship Troopers to be honest, I half expected a "Would you like to know more?" option to pop up.

Your military aren't you?

Targeted advertising for recruitment maybe?

Caporegime
sarcasm aside, it's not really that edgy. I dont have a TV either, plenty of people don't these days.

Is that because you don't watch films/tv programs or simply because you use a differnt multimedia device such as a pc monitor, laptop, tablet or phone to watch films/tv shows?

fez

fez

Caporegime
The advert claiming that they are not about spam, adverts, fake news, data breaches etc etc... yet that is how they made their money over the last 10 years and did nothing about it. Ironic.

Its not ironic its just a lie. Companies have become very adept at the "apology" over the past few years. Admitting that they didn't do as well as they could have and that it hurts them because they care SO much and they didn't want to let us down. Its always a load of rubbish and if anyone believes it they are an idiot.

Soldato
The USA advert (utube) is almost identical, and I think FB misunderstand the British psychology compared to the USA one, and the fact they do that, is a further comment about them.
(but maybe all the multi-nationals coca-cola, nike are the same)

After the senate hearings there have been no repercussions for FB, just self-regulations - no ? unlike Cambridge Analytica/Nix where they are considering indictment.

Man of Honour
Yep. I find that a lot of people without a TV much like Vegans who ram their almightyness down your throat.

and, I've picked this up many times over the years, you can find them in other threads talking about how they do watch things on a screen by using iPlayer, You Tube, Blu Rays, via a NAS etc which makes them no better than somebody with a TV.
Either you never watch any entertainment programmes on a screen or you do.

Back
Top Bottom