Katie Hopkins Sacked

Soldato
Maybe just an excuse to get shot. They obviously knew she had controversial points to be made which may have boosted ratings somewhat. Perhaps she just rubbed some of the other presenters up the wrong way and they needed an excuse.

RDM

RDM

Soldato
The car doesn't have a DAB radio so I don't listen to LBC, is it any good?

Obviously it is better now it doesn't have Katie Hopkins on it!

Caporegime
If a Muslim asked for the final solution, he/she'd be under arrest within minutes of the posting.

But its OK when its Hopkins, love this country.

Soldato
Yeah definitely state side. The public here have become sick of her persona and the US seems the perfect target for her BS with their current sociopolitical climate. This may have well been her resignation and last bit of her portfolio before she applies for fox.
I don't think the public here have become sick of her persona, you either liked her or hate her and it's pretty much always been that way. LBC knew exactly what they were getting. I mean, can you imagine a thread being started here if James O'Brien was let go from LBC? Nobody knows who he is apart from those of us who listen to the radio. She obviously caters for a fairly substantial sector of the market.

Soldato
I don't think the public here have become sick of her persona, you either liked her or hate her and it's pretty much always been that way.

Yeah but i think the reaction no long is 'That woman said this, i cant believe she has the nerve!' to 'It is just like her to do that!'. While it still grabs attention and causes controversy, i think that her novelty is not achieving the same thing as before as the audience know how she is. While before i would be outraged and tempted to follow a story with her name on it, now i just think 'same old Hopkins, seen it once, seen it all'

The US on the other hand is a much larger lake than our little pond. The fish there have not seen much of her and so her bait will work far better over there than over here. I can see her heading that way to advance her career to reach a larger audience

Associate
Yeah but i think the reaction no long is 'That woman said this, i cant believe she has the nerve!' to 'It is just like her to do that!'. While it still grabs attention and causes controversy, i think that her novelty is not achieving the same thing as before as the audience know how she is. While before i would be outraged and tempted to follow a story with her name on it, now i just think 'same old Hopkins, seen it once, seen it all'

The US on the other hand is a much larger lake than our little pond. The fish there have not seen much of her and so her bait will work far better over there than over here. I can see her heading that way to advance her career to reach a larger audience
I hear Alex Jones is single again, they would make an great couple

Caporegime
Good, although she will likely get snapped up by some questionable right wing media place in the US where she can really push things and hoard publicity.

She didnt sincerely suggest it but rather did it to provoke attention from every group and then a delete to make it look accidental. All attention is good attention as she views it. By doing something like that and reposting a different message she provokes everyone who strongly agrees or disagree's with the topic to create controversy. With a topic like that, how can anyone not have a strong opinion

I hope she ends up outside of the UK

To be fair I thought she would get sacked after saying they should block up the doors of the House of Lords and gas them all.

Soldato
I agree with about 75% of her Daily Mail stories as they at least seem to rationally thought-out but the other 25% and her "live" unfiltered stuff such as this "Final Solution" tweet, wow just WOW :D

Back
Top Bottom