Katie Hopkins Sacked

Caporegime
Loses case against Jack Monroe, serious legal costs, has to sell house to cover said costs, gets banned from Twitter and now this award -all in the last couple of years. Couldn't be happier for the woman.

Soldato
I don't have a problem with her being banned off places. She as been a puppet propped up by the media who at first puts across reasonable points and then starts making a complete embarrassment of herself and discredits the real concerns people have. So in that sense shes done her job.

Soldato
One thing I'll say about her, she's entertaining. :D

I still think she's exactly what was put on the screen behind her, but it's always good tv when someone extreme and controversial is on. Also, who's to say it's not just an act and perhaps she's not racist at all. Maybe she was prepared to behave that way and risk being the most hated woman next to Shirley Phelps Roper of the Westboro Baptist Church just to be in the spotlight, be famous and make a load of money.

Capodecina
Soldato
. . . You cant silence someone on the internet.
Probably true enough.

However, she may not be around on Facebook or Twitter and I suspect that potential employers will be reluctant to have the bigoted idiot around . . . although Piers Moron seems to be given the oxygen of airtime :confused:

Associate
Banning people just draws more attention to them. You cant silence someone on the internet.

Bit of a myth this, Milo Yiannopoulos career is pretty much over due to being banned on most platforms and taking his grift too far. He's in massive debt and his youtube channel has completely grinded to a halt in terms of growth and subscribers.

Whether you like it or not deplatforming has been proven to work on occasion, hence why the more edgbyboi conservatives get so eggy about twitter etc

Associate
Banning people just draws more attention to them. You cant silence someone on the internet.

I do not actually agree with banning people for there views and I do believe in freedom of speech but by the same token why should a business be forced to have hate speech associated with its name.

And your basic point that banning people cannot silence them is quite clearly false.

Associate
Also, who's to say it's not just an act and perhaps she's not racist at all. Maybe she was prepared to behave that way and risk being the most hated woman next to Shirley Phelps Roper of the Westboro Baptist Church just to be in the spotlight, be famous and make a load of money.

If you're willing to pretend to be racist in order to gain popularity then im pretty sure that's every bit as bad as being racist. It shows you clearly don't take racism seriously.

Soldato
I do not actually agree with banning people for there views and I do believe in freedom of speech but by the same token why should a business be forced to have hate speech associated with its name.

And your basic point that banning people cannot silence them is quite clearly false.

Free speech, but only when it aligns with the woke mindset.

But you cant really ban someone. They can just come back with a new identity as many times as they want.

Associate
Free speech, but only when it aligns with the woke mindset.

She used her free speech, clearly broke rules and got banned for being a massive *****.

I find it fascinating how the free speech purists only ever harp on about free speech when edgy conservatives get silenced for being appalling cretins on social media.

It's almost as if they only interested in free speech for one side, where was the outrage when equally **** lefty twitter accounts got taken down a few weeks ago ? oh what's that ? there was absolute silence from the free speech warriors ? Shocking i tell you, never would have guessed.

Associate
But you cant really ban someone. They can just come back with a new identity as many times as they want.

You don't actually think that can work with the likes of twitter do you ?

From an IT point of view it is incredibly easy to stop if they choose to do so but why bother if you simply ban anybody that says or does anything on an "offensive" list you achieve the same goal.

Twitter does not need to give a platform for extremists to make its money so I do not see why they would. if the market does not support it.

Sadly I think the market does support it and although most extremists are small pockets , lots of small pockets can still add up.

Soldato
If you're willing to pretend to be racist in order to gain popularity then im pretty sure that's every bit as bad as being racist. It shows you clearly don't take racism seriously.

You're probably right on your first point.

Your second point is garbage. How does me making an opinion on her possible reasons for being racist mean that I don't take racism seriously. Wtf?

Associate
Your second point is garbage. How does me making an opinion on her possible reasons for being racist mean that I don't take racism seriously. Wtf?

That is not what i meant. I meant that if someone is willing to be racist to gain popularity then they obviously don't take racism seriously in the first place

I wasn't talking about you, although my bad wording probably didn't make that clear.

Back
Top Bottom