kd's log of........ something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Where's your blind eye!

Warning him, before someone else reported it ;)

Today's session:
9/3/2013

DL - 80kg - 5x5
OHP - 35kg - 5/5/3/3/3
Bench - 47.5 - 5x5
Squat - 81 - 1x5 76 4x5
Inverse ring row - 5x5
Supersetted with:
--- Ring Dips - 4/3/3/3/2

Comments:
Same session again, still GREAT fun. Still feel great after every session:
Deadlifts - added 10kg. Need to do 80 again because there was both some form issues, but also some issues on the final set where I probably took some rest between each rep.
Ohp - gone up to 35, was hard, but ohp is always slow going up, so will do this next time again, and hopefully get at least 3 sets of 5 reps.
Bench - weights going back up again happily with my new form which I'm pleased about. I'm glad fixing my form didn't set me back too much. I can tell its better, because my shoulders weren't unbelievably tight when I did mobility at the end.
Squat - so, you may remember I said I would do 71 again this session. Which I did intend to. When I first put the weight on, I thought it was a bit heavy, and so took off 5kg. It wasn't until the end that I realised I'd put on 81 in the beginning rather than 71... So actually did 76. Am going to do 76 again next time. It actually felt surprisingly good, but I need to get more depth.
Inverse ring rows - kept tension throughout these, they felt good. Next time I need to focus on squeezing my back more though through the rep.
Ring dips - were just a bit of fun, but nice to see my balance increasing :)

kd

Soldato
OP
The rings are great fun. Well worth the £17. You go between people looking at you with a mixture of confusion and being impressed, and then you fall off and they just chuckle. It's only been a couple of sessions with them, but I'm definitely getting the hang of them more.

The inverse rows are great fun. Sod P. rows or BB rows, these are lovely. I tense glutes and abs throughout so it's kind of like I'm planking whilst rowing :) admittedly, I'm sure I'll hit a limit, but they're not really there for massive amounts of work, as I've already done that over the session!

The dips are fun and horrible at the same time though. Just stabilising is hard work!

kd

Soldato
OP
Today's session

12/3/13
Dl - 80 - 5/5/5/4,1/3,2
Bench - 50 - 5/5/5/4,1/2,2,f
Squat - 76 - 5x5
Inverse Row - 5x5
Supersetted with:
--- Ring Dips - 5/4/3/3/2.5

Really need to put squats first. They just wake up my glutes, which always feel rough during the dl at the moment for some reason. So yeah, will take me slightly longer I suspect, but going to put squats first to help out the glutes.

OHP was supposed to happen, but I tried it, and the muscles just weren't working. Don't really know why :(

Bench was fun. Especially not having a spot. The fail was a case of ****! Just lifted one side up and thankfully hadn't used clips, the weight just came off *phew*. Also felt form start to go on some of them. But hopefully will sort that out next time :)

I'm having grip issues with my left hand in DL - hence the issues this session... Going to try and sort it out next session.

kd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom