Kerbal Space Program

Man of Honour
Some one remind me how to arrange geo satellites. I member it had some calculation to di witth semi major axis.

basically want 4 1/4 orbit apart with one directly above ksc.

Soldato
2868.4 is the final altitude, but I can't member how to target a certain location within that orbit,

It has been a while I haven't played in probably 6 months.

keep the orbit out of shape, either higher or lower at one point, and wait for the rotations to put it roughly in the right place before circularizing the orbit. Thats how i used to do it.

Soldato
Anyone playing about in KSP 1.1? Some nice fixes but also some horrific bugs at the moment. Take off and landing in planes is anywhere from painful to impossible at the moment without wheels exploding, even with stock crafts.

I've got a relatively small Jet with 3x small wheels and can only take off by pulling the wheels in and pulling up before it hits the ground, landing is actually impossible without it bouncing in the air and exploding immediately or acting like a pogostick down the run way before exploding. Doesn't matter what I do with settings on the wheels. Good thing I can land in water easily now :p

Was flying one of the stock planes, came in for a landing doing just under 100m/s, came down a little hard but not to a point where I'd have expected issues in previous builds. Only for the entire runway to explode into flames. rofl.

Performance is much improved in 64bit though. So it shows promise :)

Soldato
Anyone playing about in KSP 1.1? Some nice fixes but also some horrific bugs at the moment. Take off and landing in planes is anywhere from painful to impossible at the moment without wheels exploding, even with stock crafts.

I've got a relatively small Jet with 3x small wheels and can only take off by pulling the wheels in and pulling up before it hits the ground, landing is actually impossible without it bouncing in the air and exploding immediately or acting like a pogostick down the run way before exploding. Doesn't matter what I do with settings on the wheels. Good thing I can land in water easily now :p

Was flying one of the stock planes, came in for a landing doing just under 100m/s, came down a little hard but not to a point where I'd have expected issues in previous builds. Only for the entire runway to explode into flames. rofl.

Performance is much improved in 64bit though. So it shows promise :)

Yeah been playing it for a few weeks with the pre release. Loving it aside from the wheels. 64bit finally allows all the mods I want without worrying about the game crashing. Also the new physics engine is much better so it runs far smoother :)

Soldato
Having played this since the start of this thread, its almost disapointing i dont play the "finished" project after testing all those alphas back then. Great game but the whole contracts thing ruins it for me, but if you turn it to sandbox mode theres almost no point

Soldato
You should all get back into it as version 1.2 is BRILLIANT! Satellites actually mean something now as you need a 'connection' back to Kerbin to fly your drones etc.

Soldato
Having played this since the start of this thread, its almost disapointing i dont play the "finished" project after testing all those alphas back then. Great game but the whole contracts thing ruins it for me, but if you turn it to sandbox mode theres almost no point

Absolutely true. I felt the same but have continued with the Science mode rather than full career. I think it offers a lot more flexibility. Just tried this out again since v1.3 was released and it's as enjoyable as every. Just passed 500 hours now!

Soldato
I drop in and out of KSP fairly regularly, I usually start of building stupid stuff and then start a new sandbox or science mode. I've only made it to Duna (and not back again, although I did take a rover!) So lots left to discover...

I just thought I'd check when I bought it - December 2012 which would be version 0.82...

Soldato
One of the YouTube people I watch sometimes started a series on this recently and having not seen much of the career mode it really piqued my interest so I fired up KSP for the first time in absolutely ages (last time I played it was still just pure sandbox and nothing else)... Have to say I'm completely hooked now! The Career mode provides exactly the sort of focused progression I hoped it would. Currently about halfway through the tech tree, have been to the Mun a few times including some landings etc. and lately have been completing lots of contracts to put satellites into various odd orbits around Kerbin and the Mun...

Just received the first contract to go out further and put a satellite around Minmus which hopefully shouldn't be hard with all the orbit-adjusting practice I've had :)

Soldato
Well, back into this again after discovering ckan and installing an unholy amount of mods.

Unfortunately seem to have something is messing up aerodynamics, regardless of how simple and proper the rocket is (at least by vanilla standards) once i hit supersonic it'll just tip.

Tried installing ferram aerospace after realising it wasnt installed (had it down as the first candidate for being a troublemaker) and now if i work real hard at not adjusting the angle of attack it can almost stay pointed the right direction.

Soldato
anyone still playing?

figured out my aerodynamic issues were related to centre of mass and my own idiocy/lack of knowing the new aero model.

currently having wonderful lag problems, tried the texture reducing/welding mods but wandered if there was anything else i should be trying?

Soldato
Do you have a lot of contract packs installed they cause the lag quite a lot, also grab https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.co...8-12x13-memgraph-1103-with-stutter-reduction/
Enable it and it reduces garbage collection (Unity thing which this game suffers from a lot), certain mods introduce a lot of extra garbage and the contract packs are pretty bad for it. You can also edit the config sizes in memgraph to help more (read that thread).

Back
Top Bottom