Kevlar jeans?

Associate
i bought a cheap pair to tie me over until i get the cash together for a pair of hood jeans. the jeans that i bought were RST jeans, they have dupont kevlar and came with knee protectors with adjustment. however the adjustment did not allow for a good fit and so i had to remove them. the remaining jeans are pretty comfortable however get very hot and sweaty. they are also cut for fatties and look quite baggy on me.

I'm also going to start looking at textile trousers that look semi-casual. but would really like some of the rukka stuff, however can muster up the reddies just yet.

Soldato
I've gone down the road in draggin jeans.
Roughly 40mph when I hit the deck.

Burned a nice hole in the jeans on my arse and also my right knee.
Kevlar looked almost untouched!

Certainly saved my skin, would reccomend them.

Associate
OP
Agreed, thanks Reppyboyo, glad to know they work in the real world as well as the tests :)

I'm curous about the heat generated though. Did/can you get burned from the friction (Or am I talking rubbish?)

Associate
I went to Laguna Motorcycles in Maidstone today and tried Draggin Jeans and Lindstrand hi-art jeans.

I went for the Lindstrand as they were made of a better outer material, had larger areas of the kevlar woven protection and fitted me better.

The Draggin jeans were a bit thin outter mnaterial, were too baggy at the bottom of the leg so they overlapped under the motorcycle boots and they were made out of the kind of material that picks up bits of fluff and stuff.

The Lindstrand where more "jean" like and were 20 quid cheaper than the Draggin's.

Associate
Both pairs of jeans I've bought from Hood have been cut to order - unless it's changed they get you to specify length on every order and cut them to size.

I think the only limit is on maximum length not minimum.

I've had two pairs of Hood jeans for about 3 years now. Ridden from Normandy to Berlin in them (in a day) as well as riding the length of the Pyrenees, twice.

Leathers are way to limited for me for travelling - too hot in the heat, not waterproof, hell to walk around in on a warm day.... I take the Hood jeans, long johns for the cold, lightweight waterproof trousers for when it's wet (or really cold!) and that lot folds down into less space than leather/textile trousers yet is a lot more flexible for different use.

Associate
Both pairs of jeans I've bought from Hood have been cut to order - unless it's changed they get you to specify length on every order and cut them to size.

I think the only limit is on maximum length not minimum.

I've had two pairs of Hood jeans for about 3 years now. Ridden from Normandy to Berlin in them (in a day) as well as riding the length of the Pyrenees, twice.

Leathers are way to limited for me for travelling - too hot in the heat, not waterproof, hell to walk around in on a warm day.... I take the Hood jeans, long johns for the cold, lightweight waterproof trousers for when it's wet (or really cold!) and that lot folds down into less space than leather/textile trousers yet is a lot more flexible for different use.

Do you wear the CE inserts for impact protection?

Associate
It varies really - I never wear the hip inserts as I find them uncomfortable if I put anything in my front pockets (perfectly fine otherwise, but makes it hard to use the front pockets)

The knee inserts go in if I'm going distance, but when I'm just using them around town and locally I tend not to - they need to come out for washing and I'm really very lazy.

Back
Top Bottom