Keychain password manager vs 3rd party

Soldato
OP
@GaryTheSnail

Im sure you are aware, but in latest BW release Argon2 is now supported.

Best to make sure all app clients and browser extensions are on 2023.2.0 before switching though.

I decided to go premium as well recently, mainly just to support them and also use the implemented 2fa feature for some sites.

Permabanned
@GaryTheSnail

Im sure you are aware, but in latest BW release Argon2 is now supported.

Best to make sure all app clients and browser extensions are on 2023.2.0 before switching though.

I decided to go premium as well recently, mainly just to support them and also use the implemented 2fa feature for some sites.

I shall check that out in the next hour n get it updated.

Soldato
OP
I shall check that out in the next hour n get it updated.

You have to change it via the browser account login, its under security-Keys if I remember correctly.

And once changed it logs you out of all your BW apps and extensions.

Also be sure all your bw clients and extensions are on 2023.2.0, this is important. There are few browsers out there still waiting for the update.

Last edited:
Permabanned
You have to change it via the browser account login, its under security-Keys if I remember correctly.

And once changed it logs you out of all your BW apps and extensions.

Also be sure all your bw clients and extensions are on 2023.2.0, this is important. There are few browsers out there still waiting for the update.

Doesn't look like it's come to Vaultwarden yet. I use self hosted not BitWarden Cloud.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Is anyone using 1Password and Safari 17 (macOS Sonoma)?

I'm finding it really buggy and slow, it's almost painful to use at times.

Man of Honour
Nope. Been using Bitwarden for a couple of years now on mac, Windows and Linux with no problems. £10 a year. Can't complain.
My 1Password is due to renew in December, I'm looking at moving to BW as it works out a bit cheaper. The challenge will be teaching the wife and setting it all up for her!

Man of Honour
I’m using that combination and all is fine here. What specific part is buggy and slow? I can try it from my end if it helps.
If I go to a site and click in username, 1P doesn't always recognise that it's a username box so autofill doesn't come up. Other times the autofill icon will be unlocked by the toolbar is locked, I've also seen where the icon just doesn't load any matches and spins then it eventually crashed.
I moved to keychain once Apple supported 2FA filling and see no reason to use a 3rd party provider.
Does it support proper MFA with 6 digit codes etc?

Man of Honour
Soldato
Man of Honour
Spent the best part of this morning working cleaning up my 1Password as I hadn't touched it properly for a few years. I'll give iCloud a try but I don't like how locked down it is, ie, it doesn't seem like you can edit websites or add much in the way of custom fields. But then I guess it is free with iCloud.

Back
Top Bottom