1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kicking a Phone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nitefly, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Terminal_Boy

Soldato

I’m so glad my concert-going days ended before smartphones existed.

2. Dis86

Capodecina

Was like that when I went to see KoL a few years back. I'd been a fan since the first album but this was just after sex on fire had come out as a single and it was just full of tools stood with their phones out the whole way through meaning you couldnt see anything other than arms and phones. I was gutted.

Worst live music experience I've had. Thankfully most other bands in in to don't attract the same type of crowd. Jethro Tull for example asked for no flash photography but not a single person was filming.

3. tek81

Wise Guy

Busted! :D

4. KiNgPiN83

Mobster

I feel sorry for the poor sod in the landing zone though. :D Hopefully it wasn’t an old Nokia. :eek:

5. Brizzles

Soldato

Your average Jethro Tull fan would be about 70, so holding a phone above their heads for 2 hours would take some doing :D

6. Dis86

Capodecina

Oy! Respect your elders!

Tell you what though, lasted 3 hours and some of those old duffers were on their feet the whole time.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  7. Steeps

Mobster

We're complaining about people using their phones to film gigs because it is annoying, an act kicks the phone out of someone's hands because it is annoying, but we are able to share this experience online with others and joke about it... because someone was filming the gig on their phone and has shared it.

8. Scam

Capodecina

This. If the singer has such an issue with phones at gigs he should (a) be clear that they won't allow people filming on the tickets/literature and (b) give the person/people fair warning at the gig that they shouldn't be doing so. Doing something like that is kinda funny, but also incredibly rude considering the person is paying his bills at the end of the day. If there's one thing that turns me off a particular "celeb" or "performer" immediately it's acting like a **** to their fans.

PS: Everyone moaning about phones at gigs like "I had to move". Yeah.. because it's so hard to move 3ft to the right (or even better in front of them), what a hardship! :rolleyes:
    PPS: I do hate phones at gigs, a few snaps for the memory is fine but filming whole songs can gtfo.

9. Skillmister

Capodecina

Worse than concerts are people who record fireworks..

10. Dis86

Capodecina

Lol yes!

11. mmj_uk

Capodecina

True. Have the police piled resources into investigating the incident yet or have they now got their priorities straight?

12. Dis86

Capodecina

Yeah...Cos it's that easy at busy gigs or where you have assigned seats...

13. Scam

Capodecina

Sitting at a gig? I don't understand what you mean.. :o

14. Teh_Next

Perma Banned

What an arsebag, really. Doing that to a fan. Maybe he can easily afford a new phone but the fan?
    As for being the "metal" thing to do...yeah right, that's pussy material. If that's what goes for being a mental "metal" thing to do these days well, I must have been a world class bloody criminal when I was young. A right headbanger. Pffft.

15. bartledvd

Hitman

One less phone spoiling the view. They ruin all live events and dark rides in theme parks.

Enjoy the thing you paid money to see/do with your eyes not looking at a stupid screen.

16. Diagro

Sgarrista

What have him the right to do that?

17. wolfie138

Mobster

how do you know the gig didn't have "no camera" signs up? as they invariably do.

18. Diddums

Capodecina

Exactly, so many people show you vids of stuff they went to and you just know they were stood / sat there with their face glued to their phone. "So, how was it?"

"How the **** would I know? I was recording!"

I often watch some of the old rave vids from when I was a teenager, so nice to see everyone enjoying themselves without phones. One of them is fairly well featured with Nokia 3310s and the like, awesome. And yet here we are 20 years later, enjoying the footage.

19. Teh_Next

Perma Banned

They still have them at gigs? Not that I go to many but I've been to three the past year and not one of them had those signs.
    I reckoned the bands/outfits must recognise it's all free publicity these days.

20. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

He asked the fan to stop but he continually had the LED on while filming and those LEDs are very bright when pointed at you.
    The fan didn't stop so he kicked the phone.
    Halford has zero problem with fans filming or taking photo's.

He is also my Rock God since the early 70s.