Kicking a Phone

Caporegime
He asked the fan to stop but he continually had the LED on while filming and those LEDs are very bright when pointed at you.
The fan didn't stop so he kicked the phone.
Halford has zero problem with fans filming or taking photo's.

He is also my Rock God since the early 70s.

Did he ask them to stop? If he did then fair enough tbh! I switch sides. But it looked like he just punted it randomly.

Gog

Gog

Associate
Best I saw/heard was a comedian asking everyone to turn their phones off, as is normal for comedy gigs:

"and to make sure you have", he said, "Hello Siri, OK Google....show me pictures of naked kids."

Cue swathes of the audience grabbing for their phones :)

Caporegime
Nah, people recording gigs through their phones are the bane of my life. I've stood behind people filming 50%+ of the gig before, and had to move because they were so annoying.

I bet they never watch it either, crappy audio recording and far enough from the stage that it's not going to look great.

If the band are doing something brand new, or rarely played then fair enough, but don't record the whole gig.

Perhaps this person doesn't get to gigs much?

It was a dick move, simple as, I'd be ****** off quite frankly and if I liked the band then I'd be annoyed at the lead for some time after.

Soldato
"and to make sure you have", he said, "Hello Siri, OK Google....show me pictures of naked kids."

Cue swathes of the audience grabbing for their phones :)

Have had friends try to do voice searches along the same lines during drunken foolery with "ok Google" on my pixel 2, its fairly well locked to my own voice and never works.

Soldato
Good on him! Massive Judas Priest fan here, have seen them live more times that I care to remember albeit mostly in the halcyon days before mobiles. But one thing that really boils my **** these days at gigs is people holding mobile phones up for the entire set, fairy muff taking a few pics every now and then, but for the whole ******* gig? **** off!

Caporegime
Aye, was awesome.

Like my harder stuff to tbh also, Syndicate, Nightmare in Rotterdam. I'm yet to goto Dominator though :(

I've tried checking out some of the more modern stuff, sadly it's evolved very poorly :(

I was very fortunate to live 40km away from Amsterdam from 1999-2006 so I got my fair share of raves in. How I didn't die of ecstacy overdose is anyone's guess :confused:

Caporegime
I've tried checking out some of the more modern stuff, sadly it's evolved very poorly :(

I was very fortunate to live 40km away from Amsterdam from 1999-2006 so I got my fair share of raves in. How I didn't die of ecstacy overdose is anyone's guess :confused:

Hah,never touched anything like it tbh :)

We've made Reverze our annual thing atm which is in Antwerp, worth a look possibly.

Soldato
I mean I agree with the sentiment, people should go to gigs to enjoy the music, not to spam social media for likes. It's pretty disrespectful to destroy the phone though with no prior warning that he doesn't want people to film or asking them to stop.

Man of Honour
Good on him! Massive Judas Priest fan here, have seen them live more times that I care to remember albeit mostly in the halcyon days before mobiles. But one thing that really boils my **** these days at gigs is people holding mobile phones up for the entire set, fairy muff taking a few pics every now and then, but for the whole ******* gig? **** off!

I saw Priest when Halford had long hair :)
Favourite album is still Sad Wings Of Destiny.

Soldato
Good on him.
I was at an ice hockey game last night and the girl in front recorded most of the game on her phone. What's the point? She won't even watch the footage.
I work with someone who records entire fireworks shows even though she knows she’ll never watch it back. The mind boggles.

Caporegime
Good on him.
I was at an ice hockey game last night and the girl in front recorded most of the game on her phone. What's the point? She won't even watch the footage.

Maybe she enjoyed doing it? Maybe she was practicing and wants to film things in the future? How do you think all of these official photos at gigs get taken?

Back
Top Bottom