Kid bypassing Laptop Windows Password

Associate
I remember when I was younger. My school tried to lock everything down I would spend hours trying to break into the network for no reason other than it being locked.

Soldato
This is beyond easy to solve, even technically. However, if it's actually his laptop, why are you caring about what he's doing?

And no, bitlocker and bios configured in unison, he's not getting in...

Soldato
OP
This is beyond easy to solve, even technically. However, if it's actually his laptop, why are you caring about what he's doing?

And no, bitlocker and bios configured in unison, he's not getting in...

The "why" is beyond easy to figure out, even technically.

Soldato
The "why" is beyond easy to figure out, even technically.
I'll be quite frank. How you ever thought fathering children with this attitude is laughable. You care enough to worry about what they're doing on the laptop, but not enough to discipline them when they break the rules.

1. Get the laptop back immediately
2. Take the other laptop away
3. Stop being so useless
4. Learn to be better at IT. Limiting a child's (anyone's) IT through tech is beginner 101.
5. Learn about shadow IT. Where having a restrictive secure laptop, is not secure at all.

Then when you're ready to deal with your parenting failures, some other peoples suggestions might start to make more sense.

However, I'll humour you. Give me one good "why" reason?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'll be quite frank. How you ever thought fathering children with this attitude is laughable. You care enough to worry about what they're doing on the laptop, but not enough to discipline them when they break the rules.

1. Get the laptop back immediately
2. Take the other laptop away
3. Stop being so useless
4. Learn to be better at IT. Limiting a child's (anyone's) IT through tech is beginner 101.
5. Learn about shadow IT. Where having a restrictive secure laptop, is not secure at all.

Then when you're ready to deal with your parenting failures, some other peoples suggestions might start to make more sense.

However, I'll humour you. Give me one good "why" reason?

You're amusingly very easily triggered for someone giving useless parental and IT advice.

Soldato
I haven't given you any IT advice. Perhaps that's your issue. You can no longer clearly see your own failings such is the rage that a 5yo has managed to bypass your poor security. I couldn't be more embarrassed for you (as a parent, or as someone in IT). Still, the thread is incredibly entertaining, so I'm happy to hang around.

When you're ready, you can give me your "why" example, and anyone here, seemingly except for yourself, will lend you an idea how to manage it technically, or parentally.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's not an IT issue, it's a parenting issue. You're trying to make it an IT issue.

How old is the kid?

In fairness I only asked a very specific IT issue. Everything is others people projection.

I'll ask you, how does age change the technical answer.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll ask you, how does age change the technical answer.
A 6 year old probably isn't going to have access to some of the technical tools that an adult with physical access to the device would have.

No amount of security is going to prevent someone with enough time, resources, and physical access to a device from gaining entry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom