Kids in cinemas

Associate
What makes me chuckle are the piracy adverts they show, citing reasons such as poor quality and people standing up in front of you with little demo shots of how it would look. They obviously didn't think this through - after all i'm sitting in a cinema with a lousy film based projector that makes for a terrible image compared to watching 'pirate' films at a nice 1080p, and of course the next point that people are standing up in front of you on pirate copies? how is that different from sitting in the cinema as i'm doing now? except I also have rustling crisps and kids to contend with...

Not that I ever watch pirate copies of course, :p but it's the poorest argument against piracy i've ever seen!

Soldato
VeNT said:
went to see Ice Age with an animation student freind of mine (she likes these kinds of movie) and all the way though there was three little kids running around the cinima SCREAMING the whole time.
there was some attendant in the room the whole time who did NOTHING.
totaly ruined the film for me.

You see, THAT i agree with you, the attendant/parent should've done something.

daveyj27 said:
Just out of curiousity, who else should be responsible for the child if not the parent?

Who said anything about the parent NOT being responsible for the child???

I stated that parents lives shouldn't be put on hold .....i.e only go out when the childs at an age where it sits at a table and is silent.

Le_Petit_Lapin said:
Last time I had wee kids irritating me in the cinema, I went and got one of the cinema assistant people. they watched the kids for about 5 minutes then chucked them out when they refused to shut up.

Bliss.

At last, someone that actually did something instead of bitching about it on an internet forum after the event had finished.....well done.:D

William said:
Couldn't give a toss, kids are having a good time, parents are having a good time, and usually I am having a good time because if the film is decent I can concentrate on that, if it isn't decent, well it's the film's fault for being crap in that it loses my attention to what some children are talking about.

Well said matey.:)

As i sais earlier, if you want to go and see a kids film, then expect kids and the associated behaviour to be there as well, if you don't want it - simple go early in the morning or late at night.

Don't blame the kids - they're just being kids and have a childhood to live.....blame yourself for lack of common sense.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I don't understand any of your logic. You see, with mint imperials, you don't even have to stand up. Plus, there's the added bonus of a concussion. Win win, if you ask me.

Associate
OP
mightynimrod said:
As i sais earlier, if you want to go and see a kids film, then expect kids and the associated behaviour to be there as well, if you don't want it - simple go early in the morning or late at night.

Don't blame the kids - they're just being kids and have a childhood to live.....blame yourself for lack of common sense.

You are making the assumption that everyone works a 9-5 and kids have no summer holidays!

Soldato
basmic said:
They had the child. Therefore they should carry the burdens that come with it, and not share their suffering with others.

Complete crap!

So you think your parents suffered through you growing up?? and of course, you were a constant burden to them....???

A child isn't a burden, it is purely and simply, a child with childish behaviour.

As said before......go to see a kids film, expect kids to be there and the bahaviour associated with a child.

Dead simple!

Which part of that can't you grasp????

Mind you, with that sort of mentaility i can see why.

Associate
OP
iCraig said:
I never understand this..

Did you ask them to keep the noise down? Or did you just wait until you was back at your PC to talk about it.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've turned to someone and said

"excuse me mate, you couldn't just keep it down a bit?" and they've remained quiet the rest of the film. Or if they're sitting far away, shouting, throwing stuff, just asking a member of staff to see to them.

Why do people sit there and let the film get ruined, if you sit in silence and not let them know they're disturbing you, how do you expect them to pipe down?

That is a very good point, and something I would like to do, however, as pointed out by other users in this forum, if I did that, I would get a 10 minute lecture about how I don't know how to bring up their kids and ruin the film even more! :D

I remember on one occasion, some mum with her child was in the cinema, and the young kid kept crying. My GF & I kept turning round and tutting whenever it did, and the whole cinema joined in!! Poor lass, she was so embarrassed she ended up walking out! :D

Soldato
I have a slight moan when i see 12A's when you get the 12-15 year old who are "really cool" and act like pratts in the cinema, start shouting and trying to make jokes etc.. as its there "hang out". Little kids with parents dont bother me though - but i dont often goto the cinema and try to make it a weekday evening if i do.

Associate
OP
mightynimrod said:
As said before......go to see a kids film, expect kids to be there and the bahaviour associated with a child.

Dead simple!

Which part of that can't you grasp????

Mind you, with that sort of mentaility i can see why.

Yeah, but Superman ain't really a kids film now, is it? Especially with a 12A rating....

I was actually quite suprised at the number of kids in the cinema tbh.

Soldato
Samtheman1k said:
I remember on one occasion, some mum with her child was in the cinema, and the young kid kept crying. My GF & I kept turning round and tutting whenever it did, and the whole cinema joined in!! Poor lass, she was so embarrassed she ended up walking out! :D

Thats a bit out of order if it was a young child, im sure she was doing her best to keep the child quiet. Tuttin is such a horrible and in my opinion cowardly thing to do, not to mention very rude.

Soldato
Samtheman1k said:
Yeah, but Superman ain't really a kids film now, is it? Especially with a 12A rating....

I was actually quite suprised at the number of kids in the cinema tbh.

Dead easy then, go sort it out with the usher/attendant.

They WILL throw any kids out that are misbehaving.

Associate
OP
mightynimrod said:
You work 24/7 then?

I don't believe that you couldn't go when it's not "prime time" kiddy zone.

Sorry, just my opinion.

No, but some colleagues work 4am-2pm & thus are only able to catch the 3pm-6pm (aka kiddy time! :p ) shows due to requiring sleep! :D

Back
Top Bottom