Kids these days, eh?

Soldato
Do we need some sort of lesson on not stabbing a kid 70 times and then trying to cut off his hands and head? Or lessons on how to cut them off?
Psychopaths can be just born like that, but young brains can also be damaged by abusive formative years to 'make' psychopaths. Effective youth services can intervene and support to prevent abuse, and prevent damaging young people: the result being fewer psychopaths doing such awful things.

Soldato
What do you want kids to smoke then? hash?

I mean...they don't have to smoke anything?

Well, quite.

However, the skunk on the market today, aside from smelling like societal failure, is massively more psychoactive. You don't even need to live in a major city these days to come across people ruined by skunk. This is not the weed of the 60s

Soldato
Well, quite.

However, the skunk on the market today, aside from smelling like societal failure, is massively more psychoactive. You don't even need to live in a major city these days to come across people ruined by skunk. This is not the weed of the 60s
It's not really the fault of the public, and young people particularly, that government regulation has pushed an almost entirely harmless drug into a more harmful version. I'm sure most would prefer to take drugs that don't cause harm, were they allowed the choice.

Soldato
Well, quite.

Lol they were saying that the 90's!

It's not the drug is the person, it just doesn't agree with some people or they just smoke too much.

( I haven't smoked weed for a long time, it got quite boring)

Caporegime
*grabs popcorn*

I am not blaming the people coming over. It is the lack of government intervention to help make the required schools and services to cope with rapid population growth. Boston is/was a massive hot spot for eastern Europe due to being in the middle of a massive agriculture area. Nothing/too little has been done by the government to help this. For a small market town the school the lad went to serves something silly like 1600+ kids. They shut down the high education part of it and converted it into year 7 because of capacity a couple of years back.

The kid that murdered the poor boy was known to carry a knife at school before being expelled. Nothing was done about it. This could have easily been prevented but the services are just not there.

Soldato
This could have easily been prevented but the services are just not there.

Yes, although some people are just wronguns who need locking up for life. You cant import 3-400k people per year with no investment or indeed slashing services and infrastructure spending, it is a recipe for disaster and its coming home to roost now. What is galling is the people who orchestrated this are the ones the public keep voting in to fix it.

Soldato
When I was 12-14 my main concerns were finding somewhere I could skate. Times seemed much simpler even just ~20 years ago.
Wonder what it'll be like in another 20 years.

They probably should just legalise it even if to reduce the frequency something like this could happen, but that's wholly different argument.

Caporegime
OP
When I was 12-14 my main concerns were finding somewhere I could skate. Times seemed much simpler even just ~20 years ago.
Wonder what it'll be like in another 20 years.

They probably should just legalise it even if to reduce the frequency something like this could happen, but that's wholly different argument.

Finding somewhere to skate. Planning what to do at a weekend with your mates, do we go to the cinema, maybe chill at the beach, organise a full size football game? Split screen n64 action?

Caporegime
I have to say, at risk of sounding 'old' I'm glad I had a childhood going outdoors, playing split screen games, no social media.

Caporegime
Kids do still go outdoors... to do drugs in the playground, swear at the top of their voices and play **** music on their booms.

Yeah glad I'm not having kids. Not appealing at all.
One tried to mess with our door at 1am couple of weeks ago. Break in or prank will never know. Probably prank. But still

Back
Top Bottom