Killed my car in flood water

Soldato
In your OP you said "a rather large puddle", that ain't no puddle boyo! :p

Owned. :p

:(

37891043442642660690814.jpg

Soldato
If you're really lucky you only drunk enough to cut out without bending anything, but cos you've filled up with water you've probably submerged a number of main body connectors and/or fuse boards and shafted electrics. Might be saved if you totally strip the interior and dry out any soaked electrics on the floor, but not sure you sound like you'd know what you were doing. And it's not really worth it if the engine is bent. If it were me I'd be stripping stuff down and having a look, but it might just be best to call the insurance.

Just lol. :)

You might be able to do all that on a older car but with new cars, especially Audi's there is sweet **** all you can do to 'inspect' unless you know what you're doing /mechanic. :confused:

Soldato
OP
It's an automatic write off. Have to wait for recovery to collect it and assess the damage before insurance makes an offer. Naturally i won't be accepting their comedic first offer, but what should i be hoping to achieve? Based on what i've seen online, i reckon £9k would be fair to replace mine like for like.

Soldato
Don't Audis have most of their daughter boards and canbus systems located close to the foot-wells? I would 99% they are all now completely shagged.

Just seen it's probably been written off..

Caporegime
It's an automatic write off. Have to wait for recovery to collect it and assess the damage before insurance makes an offer. Naturally i won't be accepting their comedic first offer, but what should i be hoping to achieve? Based on what i've seen online, i reckon £9k would be fair to replace mine like for like.

What mileage had it done?

Man of Honour
Why on earth would you attempt to drive through that? Unlucky about your car but there's no way I'd have gone into that.

Car's shafted mate, ring insurance.

Soldato
Unlucky mate, however looking at the picture of said puddle was a bit silly to attempt that!

Live and learn though I guess, there is a fair amount of water about today like!

Soldato
OP
Loads of cars were going through the same 'lake', even a suzuki swift got through, i got through the same 'lake' the other day with no issues.

I won't have time to strip the AMI out now anyway, they are collecting the car tomorrow :(

Gutted!

Soldato
OP
Anything else i can strip out of it that won't affect what i'm offered? like the sat nav unit or anyting - seeing as though they can't test it coz electrics are knackered? Might as well try and claw some money back lol

Back
Top Bottom