** Kingdom Come : Deliverance 2 **

Soldato
Here is the link for the first game if you want to have a browse through it, but in short: It is a good game and don't hold your hand, you start out as a nobody and have to learn how to use weapons and fighting.

Thanks will take a look! Looks fun.

Soldato
The roughness of it reminds me of Operation Flashpoint back in the day which was a game I loved. Not there yet with this but I suspect if I can be bothered to mod a few things (like lock picking, get rid of herb picking animation) I'll enjoy it more. Happy to stick with the combat as is though. I don't like to deviate too far from vanilla in any game.

Associate
played the original for a long time, probably 100+ hrs, and often got so engrossed in the forest areas etc, I didn't really get on with completely quests or advancing the story. I eventually gave up some time around the part where there was a siege and I had to find some parts for a trebojee (spelling is very much off !).

I remember lock-picking being a real pain at the start, and then you got some ability to auto-lock pick which was brilliant, saved breaking all those lock-picks, eventually ended up with more coin than I needed, and armour and horse stuff all maxed out.

I never entirely got the combat thing down, but had enough to progress.

Also whatever PC spec I had at the time, I had to keep the settings quite low, and even then in melee combat it tended to slow down.

I do recall that the scenery and graphics were the best I'd seen anywhere, cryengine can be really beautiful (first came across it in Far cry and Crysis).

So really looking forward to this, and hats off to them for being able to keep it on the down low for so long.
Pity no mention of VR support, but I guess their entire world, combat style etc, is not compatible with it.

Last edited:

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Just finished the Mysterious Ways quest in KCD. Who hasn’t been there at some point in their life. Funny quest indeed.

Looking forward to KCDII myself now but hoping I have a long way to go still in KCD.

Soldato
Just finished the Mysterious Ways quest in KCD. Who hasn’t been there at some point in their life. Funny quest indeed.

Looking forward to KCDII myself now but hoping I have a long way to go still in KCD.
If you haven't yet, play it with all the ailments and no combat guides - it makes it thoroughly enjoyable in a different way :)

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Is that the night of debauchery with morning sermon quest? If so, that was a great one yeah. Hope you gave a good sermon.

It was a good sermon, but by fluke rather than talent.

Falling asleep in a barn but waking up in a field brought back teenage memories TBH, along with the other stuff. Though I’ve never gone binge drinking with a man of the cloth in RL.

Soldato
I finished KCD myself other day, I'll need to go back too it 1 day for rest of DLC and maybe a replay cause I know theres gonna be loads I've not come across but I really enjoyed it and KCD2 went from being oh I'll pick that up someday too maybe a day 1 buy

Caporegime
OP
Back
Top Bottom