** Kingdom Come : Deliverance 2 **

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Any tips for a beginner?

Having finally finished Skyrim Nolvus I’m going to give KCD the go it deserves. Tried it once before but it didn’t click, hopefully it will this time.

Soldato

And new trailer on summer game fest friday

GPUVj-5W0AA4HFs

Soldato
Nice! Looks really promising. Love the fact these devs haven't caved into the mentally ill minority mob too and ruined the sequel by catering to.....modern audiences....

Last edited:
Soldato
Any tips for a beginner?

Having finally finished Skyrim Nolvus I’m going to give KCD the go it deserves. Tried it once before but it didn’t click, hopefully it will this time.

A little bit late to this, but I modded the game so that I could save whenever I wanted which was my main gripe.

Other than that, learning to shoot from horseback feels a little awkward at first, but it'll have you decimating bandit groups with ease once you get used. Consider your environment, and try to stop enemies from circling behind you when you are in melee. There's plenty of ways to practice and improve your skills and it's worth taking the time to do so.

Once combat clicked for me it's some of the most fun I've had in an open world style RPG.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
A little bit late to this, but I modded the game so that I could save whenever I wanted which was my main gripe.

Other than that, learning to shoot from horseback feels a little awkward at first, but it'll have you decimating bandit groups with ease once you get used. Consider your environment, and try to stop enemies from circling behind you when you are in melee. There's plenty of ways to practice and improve your skills and it's worth taking the time to do so.

Once combat clicked for me it's some of the most fun I've had in an open world style RPG.

Yet to get a horse, pottering around Rattay still.

About to go hunting with Capon, but have a side quest to meet Theresa before noon. Not sure who that’s going to work though as I’m going hunting at dawn.

Soldato
@Paul_cz is the cz in your username representative of where you're from, and if so is that why you seem to have such a keen interest in this game? Because there are hardly any set in your part of the world.

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Associate
Yet to get a horse, pottering around Rattay still.

About to go hunting with Capon, but have a side quest to meet Theresa before noon. Not sure who that’s going to work though as I’m going hunting at dawn.
Theresa will be there every day until you decide to get round to seeing her. No rush :)

Reactions: HRL
Soldato
@Paul_cz is the cz in your username representative of where you're from, and if so is that why you seem to have such a keen interest in this game? Because there are hardly any set in your part of the world.
Yes, I am Czech living in 90km from Prague. I created account on OCUK in 2009 when I bought LCD monitor here (and had it shipped from UK) because it was about 400 pounds cheaper here.
I long wanted a realistic historical non-fantasy rpg and then along comes Mafia creator Dan Vávra and decides to not only create my dreamgame, but also do a brilliant job of it and set it in our country as a bonus.
Suffice to say, KCD is in my TOP5 best gaming experiences and I expect KCD2 to follow suit.

As for games from Czechland, there are plenty made here, from Mafia to KCD to Euro Truck Sim to Factorio to Beat Saber to Gray Zone Warfare...I could go on, but the only ones actually taking place here are KCD, Husita (medieval strategy from 90s) and then plenty of point and click adventure games that were never released outside the country.

Soldato
How is the first game ? I’ve never heard of this before but it seems good ?

Here is the link for the first game if you want to have a browse through it, but in short: It is a good game and don't hold your hand, you start out as a nobody and have to learn how to use weapons and fighting.

Associate
Any tips for a beginner?

I'm currently playing through at the moment, probably around 2/3rds done.

I've used a couple of mods on it:
Did the file modification to allow unlimited saves - don't really have the time or patience to repeat a lot.
Turned on the bow crosshair.
But probably the most useful is the inventory sorting mod, "Yet Another Sorting Mod".
It organises the inventory by category.

There are quite a few mods available, but apparently they are not necessarily all up to date and compatible with the latest build and DLC's.

One tip without spoiling too much - if you get a quest to steal a hose, don't steal one named "Warhorse Jenda" :)

Be interesting to see what the performance of KCD2 is like in comparison to the original. Hopefully a bit more optimised.

Back
Top Bottom