Kingdom Come: Deliverance / Open-World RPG / Medieval History

Soldato
OP
Lmao I am glad I can enjoy both games. In fact, Witcher 3 is probably my favourite game ever made, with Kingdom Come and RDR2 very closely following.

Witcher 3 has the highest quality of sidequests and general writing, plus I love its atmosphere, world, characters.

Kingdom Come has more detailed gameplay mechanics, world simulation and incredibly authentic real world history feeling.

Both are amazing.

Soldato
The field of view was too small :p
Genuine question - can you even play Witcher 3 in first person stock, or does it take mods? I recall Witcher as being much more of a button mashing slasher than the placed swings of KCD, so FP view seems less useful in Witcher.

Worth noting that I place Witcher 3 and KCD as joint first in my gaming magnificence list.

can you even play Witcher 3 in first person
I don't believe it's possible, though I only have played on xbox.

To add to my actual reasons, I just feel the world wasn't that exciting. I really dislike being shown directly where to go, much rather enjoying a more real way of finding things where you get told "go east until you see a sign, then go west for 30 yards and you'll find x item."

Witcher for me was just slash slahs slahs, run here, slash slahs slash.

I want to enjoy it and want to try again in the future. Sometimes it takes 2/3 goes before something clicks, though I have tried it about 3 times already.

KCD was amazing as they built this beautiful world and planned the missions perfectly around forcing you to expand more it.

For instance, the missions where you go hunting with that rich kid. I loved how it gets you to slowly go into the woods and consider what you're doing and seeing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've tried to play a few times but can't get into it as I'm too spoiled by witcher 3

How far did you get? As others have posted, the game really opens up after the intro section, it's quite restricted what you can do before then.

I really enjoyed Witcher 3 as well, but other than the fact they are both narrative RPGs where the characters uses a sword, there isn't much similarity - might as well compare against CP2077!

TW3 is a fantasy based setting where you are a jaded and experienced superhuman mutant sword master who can plough through hordes of enemies with minimal effort.

KCD is a "realistic" (as far as possible while still maintaining fun gameplay) setting where you start off as a naive nobody whose only experience of a sword is helping his dad make one, and trying to take on even 2-3 enemies at once is likely to result in a one-way trip to deadsville until later in the game when you've had quite a bit of practice (both as Henry in game and as a player getting to grips with the combat mechanics)

HRL

HRL

Soldato
There is an awesome first person mod for Witcher 3

I’ve been putting off replaying it for about a year as I’ve been waiting for the “next-gen” update.

However, I will without a doubt try the first person mod as I didn’t know it existed until now.

Wish they’d hurry up and finally release the update first though.

W3 ranks up there as one of the best, if not the best, game I’ve ever played.

Soldato
Such a great game!

Kingdom-Come-Deliverance-Screenshot-2018-08-01-17-34-00-56.png

Back
Top Bottom